3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: COMPTON 2015 IS HISTORY  (Read 737 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
COMPTON 2015 IS HISTORY
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
This was the 15th year for the Compton Rendezvous. I've been to every one of them and I must say that this year was the BEST weather that we've had to date for the shoot. Very pleasant with temps in the 70's most of the time and best of all ...NO RAIN Fri Sat or Sun.

The attendance looked to be up this year over last year. Of coarse I forgot my camera so if anyone took pictures let's see em.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: COMPTON 2015 IS HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
I did not get any pics, but I live streamed Bryan Butkhardt's excellent Sat night presentation on DIY Alaskan bow hunts for his hunting partner to see on the Periscope app. It stays available for 24 hours so if you want to see it, get the free app and look for Steve Osminski

I was only able to go for Saturday but it looked great for shooters, vendors, and attendance as Ron said.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Yes indeed Ron the weather was as good as you could hope for. Karen and I had a great time and spent way too much money as is usually the case. One great surprise for me was getting to meet Dick Mauch and listen to all the details of archery history that he shared with me. And then he treated me to a wonderful smoked beef sandwich that he made right there in his booth. I of course had to go home with one of those stve top cookers.

His evening presentation on hunting in Africa with Fred Bear was very interesting and just as Fred predicted those hunts would not be possible in our time. Bryan Burkhardt's presentation on Sat was also worth the trip all in it's own.

Although we got there early Thursday I found that there was way too much to take in with all of the people there. We had so much going on just in our camp alone.

The venison cooking contest was fun even before I found out that I took 2nd place because you get to sample the other contestants entries as a participant. Lots of good entries there.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
I am going to have to try to make it up there one of these years!

Bisch

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
We went today and it looked like a large number of the vendors were packed up and gone by 11:00.  The range was in good shape though.

Offline bear mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
It was a great time I worked for lost nation archery Friday and talked bow huntin with a lot of people who live traditional bow hunting doesn't get much better than that   :campfire:

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Nice overview Greg, thank you.  I spent Father's Day weekend with my family at the Coon Rapids, MN shoot.  My son Finn and I shot the three theme courses, African, Minnesota and Western.

Unfortunately these two excellent shoots usually coincide on the same weekend, I tend to alternate the two from year to year. Compton's next year for Finn and I!

See you at Horican!

Kris

Offline dad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
Thank you Ron for sharing your blanket with me during the trading blanket hour. One of the things  I like about the Compton's is the friendly relaxed
 time everyone had.

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Next year I'm planning to be there.  I am already anxious to get up to MI and meet a bunch of new friends!
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
This was the first Compton Rend. I have been to in 7 years. Great event great people, lots of great shooting!
Will be back next year...Lord willing.

chris <><

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
I WILL POST PICS BUT NOT TILL WEDNESDAY SORRY!!!

Come on you awesome, hard working, dedicated Compton Board members.  I saw the pics on F***book so also put some here.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Attending Compton's is on "MY LIST of THINGS to DO" !!!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 04:23:00 AM »
I would like to thank the compton volunteers, the kids shoot is awsome and my girls have a blast every year. I decided to just watch my daughters this year as they shot instead of volunteering as Ive done in the past. That is a bunch of kids that want to shoot and the staff makes this a very safe situation without sucking the fun out of it. So thanks you to all those involved.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 06:12:00 AM »
Ron it was great seeing you there as always. It was a great weekend weather was great. Attendance was up, I want to thank the Compton Board for all the hard work and all the Volunteers as well. And Thanks to all that stopped by our booth and said hi it was great visiting.
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline C Kerley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »
Here's a few for you....

Offline C Kerley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
That Cape Buffalo was Fred Bear's 1964 Safari, and I hope most everyone knows who that gentleman with us is!

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 05:33:00 AM »
Yep, that is the guy that made me lunch on Sat. BTW, that wart hog skull on the table to the left of the buff he killed with a blunt as it rushed him.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©