3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: COMPTON 2015 IS HISTORY  (Read 736 times)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: COMPTON 2015 IS HISTORY
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 06:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Greg Szalewski:
Yep, that is the guy that made me lunch on Sat. BTW, that wart hog skull on the table to the left of the buff he killed with a blunt as it rushed him.
Greg-did he cook it on that wonderous little stove he sells?

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 06:23:00 AM »
For various reasons...most of them related to available time and business stuff...I haven't attended Compton in several years. I was really hoping to make it this year, but that got completely derailed by an unexpected injury 2 weeks prior. I couldn't drive for an hour, let alone the 6+ it takes to get there.

My main regret is that I wasn't there in person to hear my hunting partner make his Saturday night presentation. Bryan is one of the best entertainers I've ever known (try hunting with him for 2 weeks) and I knew his AK Hunting presentation would be superb. It was, too. I know because SteveO was kind enough to do a live Periscope broadcast of Bryan's talk for me to watch. My wife and I sat on the sofa and enjoyed the entire show via my iPhone. That had to be a traditional bowhunting first. Thank you again SteveO for that...good man.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
Yes Steve, he made it right there in the booth with a couple sternos. Mighty good piece of meat. I now own one and will soon give it a try.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline bisket

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
Here is a picture of my crew...they had a blast.  This was our first trip to Compton.  Great courses to shoot and lots of vendors.  And a bunch of nice people.  
C Kerly was camped just down from us.  Didn't know he was a tradgang member til now.  We made new friends at the campsite and the last night I think all the kids in the campground area were around our site playing capture the flag.  We shot all four courses and amazingly they only lost a few arrows.  The little guy took honors on this one....

]web page[/URL]  

Here is one of the younger kids group there was also an older group so I'm guessing it was close to 100 kids that participated on Saturday.

]web page[/URL]

Here my daughter is shooting a loaner bow from St Joe River Bows,  Tracey and David have set us up with a few bows now.  The first picture you will see that my son and daughter are holding their St Joe River Longbows, notice that her's is LEFT handed.  The loaner bow is RIGHT handed.  Here is the reason...She shot all four courses on Friday and then the aerials and then the kids rhino's and then back to coarse and then guess what..on Saturday morning she couldn't pull bow back with left.  Too sore...wore out.  She was so upset because she wanted to shoot in the kid shoot activities that day.  She is left eye dominant but right handed.  So I said lets try shooting right handed.  She did and was shooting really well.  I said, well you are lucky because you can shoot with both hands the rest of your life.  I said,  I wish I could do that.  A reason for more bows and also an option for when the shoulder gets sore.  Tracey and David saved the day, I can not thank them enough for what they did for us.  So anyway here is the picture of the right handed bow from Tracey...  

]web page[/URL]  

They are great people and we are now trying to talk mom into getting a custom right handed bow from Tracey and David for her birthday     :saywhat:   ,  Can you imagine the bows this guy must shoot..     :eek:  

]web page[/URL]
Michigan Longbow Association

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
I saw that rig at Cloverdale and wondered how much one of them would cost.  WOW!  It is quite a rig.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
David and Tracey are good people.     :thumbsup:    

Great pictures and story Mark      :clapper:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
That rig is pretty neat Mark, Compton is a great time and the kids always seem to busy doing something. I brought my buddy Jim and his son Bruce along with this year and Bruce showed us all how it should be done that young man is a fantastic archer.I had to leave Saturday early but to date this has to be some of the best weather we have had for it. I also thought attendance was up this year along with vendors. I'm already looking forward to next year, Bruce and Jim will be back too they had a great time. Thanks to everyone who make this weekend one of the best of the year.
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline dnurk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
Great stories.  I haven't been to Compton and didn't know they had so many formal activities for kids.  Definitely going to put that on my calendar for next year.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Compton Traditional Bowhunters 2015 Rendezvous was a great time with outstanding vendors, bowyers, food, speakers, live auction items, dream raffle, cooking contests and amazing kids programs.  Plus 4 top notch 3D courses that simulate all hunting situations, of course.     :thumbsup:    

The man, Dick Mauch, with horns of Buffalo shot by Fred Bear in Africa in 1965!

A few of the outdoor vendors.

Inside the vendor tent.

3D Coarse

New Members

The Pass Around Bow

See ya next year!

Learn more at  http://comptontraditionalbowhunters.com/Home.html
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 06:17:00 PM »
Another great time and the weather was perfect.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:00 PM »
Great time for all!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Hey Jack. I see you got me in a pic when me and my son were coming back from the venison contest and stopped to talk to Todd Smith.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
Glad the weather was good for you all.  In the Yooper we had some nasty stuff come through on Saturday with lots of power outages because of downed trees.  Still it was better weather than the year the big top came down on Compton and I was in my tent.
habujohn

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
In this picture at the Two Tracks booth on the far left is Davey Blaker, Chris and Charlie (Chuck Dynasty) Deshler, Norm Blaker on the right and me relaxing.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by bisket:
Here is a picture of my crew...they had a blast.  This was our first trip to Compton.  Great courses to shoot and lots of vendors.  And a bunch of nice people.  
C Kerly was camped just down from us.  Didn't know he was a tradgang member til now.  We made new friends at the campsite and the last night I think all the kids in the campground area were around our site playing capture the flag.  We shot all four courses and amazingly they only lost a few arrows.  The little guy took honors on this one....

]web page[/URL]  

Here is one of the younger kids group there was also an older group so I'm guessing it was close to 100 kids that participated on Saturday.

]web page[/URL]

Here my daughter is shooting a loaner bow from St Joe River Bows,  Tracey and David have set us up with a few bows now.  The first picture you will see that my son and daughter are holding their St Joe River Longbows, notice that her's is LEFT handed.  The loaner bow is RIGHT handed.  Here is the reason...She shot all four courses on Friday and then the aerials and then the kids rhino's and then back to coarse and then guess what..on Saturday morning she couldn't pull bow back with left.  Too sore...wore out.  She was so upset because she wanted to shoot in the kid shoot activities that day.  She is left eye dominant but right handed.  So I said lets try shooting right handed.  She did and was shooting really well.  I said, well you are lucky because you can shoot with both hands the rest of your life.  I said,  I wish I could do that.  A reason for more bows and also an option for when the shoulder gets sore.  Tracey and David saved the day, I can not thank them enough for what they did for us.  So anyway here is the picture of the right handed bow from Tracey...  

]web page[/URL]  

They are great people and we are now trying to talk mom into getting a custom right handed bow from Tracey and David for her birthday      :saywhat:    ,  Can you imagine the bows this guy must shoot..      :eek:    

]web page[/URL]
Mark thank you for the kind words always here to help if you need anything
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
David and Tracey are good people.      :thumbsup:    

Great pictures and story Mark       :clapper:  
Thank you Ron it was great seeing you and visiting
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
Over 200 kids participated in the Compton youth event's this year. All received their green shirts and of course a door prize.
Kid's had a great time.
Will McQueen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©