3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Surprise at Compton this year...  (Read 316 times)

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
A Surprise at Compton this year...
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
...was a small table set up by Cory Engert of Heartland Custom Bows out of Nebraska.

I have been doing research on forward handle, 3 pc. bows with limbs mounting to the belly.  I walked past his table and saw to and said to myself "those are Hill Country's".  All I can say is WOW,  they put the arrow right where i looked on the first test shots at 25 yards, very quiet, seemed fast and no hand shock at all.  Bow I shot was a SURGE, 62" and 52.5 lbs at 28" but felt easy to pull and very smooth.  They are narrow risers and limbs and lower grip just like a Hill County longbow.

All I can say is I am very tempted to order one but have another on order now.  Where else can you find a bow that can hold its own with a Widow, Hill Country or  Timberghost that starts out at $575.00.  I am not endorsing them just giving some props to a newer bowyer that is on to something.   :thumbsup:  

heartlandbows.com

Only thing is the bow I shot has a 14" riser with more squared ends than the pics on his site and his site says 13, 15 and 17 risers??

Second surprise what getting to meet and talk with Dick Mauch who was hunting partner and friends with Fred Bear and worked with Bear a long time.  He brought the horns of a cape buffalo shot by Fred Bear in 1965.  Very Cool!

A very big Thank you to all the Great Vendors at Compton's this year.  I spent all my money with you so I could control myself at the live auction.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline heartlandbowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Surprise at Compton this year...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
John,

Thanks for the kind words, it was nice meeting and talking with you. It's nice to hear some feedback from guys who have shot my bows. Feedback, be it positive or not so positive lets me know if I'm headed in the right direction.

The website says 13, 15&17 on the risers but sometimes I deviate from that on stock bows or if a customer requests it.

Thanks again for stopping by the booth and shooting a bow and thanks to all the guys who stopped by and said hello.

Cory

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©