3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: You Guys Are Killin' Me!  (Read 569 times)

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
You Guys Are Killin' Me!
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
I haven't been able to shoot any traditional bow since the day after Thanksgiving 2014. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I may never be able to shoot trad again.
 Well seeing all these top notch, beautiful bows and how I ache from not shooting/stumping..etc. I've decided to give the Ortho doc another shot at my elbow.  
 Things are visibly detached, I can almost see where they belong. I guess my greatest fear is to spend $6K and find out that I still won't be able to ever draw a bow again. Guess that's where faith comes in.
 My 46 year archery career is not over yet, I'm drooling over the wonderful works of art many of the bowyers on Trad Gang are turning out, and the animals that are being taken with them. I called the Doc's assistant today and will probably be scheduling and appointment in the near future after she discusses it with him.
 Don't take your traditional way of shooting for granted, in one fall it could be over. Thanks for all the posts that motivated me to explore this possibility.        Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: You Guys Are Killin' Me!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »
Hang in there and the best to you.  Your advice to cherish our bow time is spot on.  One never knows when he last arrow will be shot. Got love em not cuss em, even the poor ones.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I sure hope there is a solution that will get you back to shooting again!

I dread the day I can no longer shoot my longbow!

Bisch

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »
Another well wisher wishing you the best.  And I'll keep you in my prayers.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Wishing you well, also.

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
Best of luck!  I hope everything turns out well for you.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Hang in there and don't give up. I would go bunkers if I could not shoot one of my bows.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
Hang in there Denny prayers sent your way for a recover from your injury bud. Don't be afraid to shop around and find the right doctor, it's amazing the difference what some of them can do.

I had a bad accident at work in 08, detached bicep, tricep, most of the Lat muscle, destroyed rotator and tendons it was a bad deal and I thought the worst to.

We went to the best sports doc that specialized in shoulders, it took 7 anchors to pull everything back up to the shoulder and a lot of other repairs. Hard rehab and surgery but I waited and did all the PT didn't skip a thing and was starting back shooting kids bows in 7 months. Worked my way up slowly and killed a coyote, doe and a buck the last month of the season. Shoulder is still doing great!!!

Wishing you luck and I hope you can get everything fixed up and you can get back to shooting again.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
Wow Tracy!!  It is a miracle you can even lift your arm let alone shoot a bow. Awsome recovery! You are right in selecting the right doc. He did extensive work on my shoulder on the same side, I was shooting in less then a couple months. From the mess it was you could not tell I ever had surgery on it. He has earned my trust.
 Your recovery is very inspirational!  Thanks!  
  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
I don't know how bad your elbow is but I had two torn elbow tendons from different accidents along with a bone spur. Two surgeries and I have no ill effects at all and can pull and shoot with absolutely no discomfort.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
reddogge-  :thumbsup:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
Best wishes Denny!  I hope it works out for the best.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie- and thanks to all, I'm optimistic!

Denny

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by DennyK:
I guess my greatest fear is to spend $6K and find out that I still won't be able to ever draw a bow again. Guess that's where faith comes in.

I've never seen a Hearse with a luggage rack.  

You can't take the $ with you, so spend it on what brings you the most joy (making sure your family doesn't go without, should be priority #1 though).  In the end, it's not how much stuff you own, it's the memories you made along the way.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
Denny, I wish for you the best possible outcome. Joints and tendons are tricky things. No matter what, remember that a bowhunter is more than a stick and strings and another pointy stick ...BE A BOWHUNTER.    :archer:
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
Denny, I wish for you the best possible outcome. Joints and tendons are tricky things. No matter what, remember that a bowhunter is more than a stick and strings and another pointy stick ...BE A BOWHUNTER.    :archer:
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
I haven't shot since Thanksgiving myself from a bad car wreak not my fault was hurt bad and went through a lot of things past 6 months myself. I found the only thing I can do is stay positive and do all that I can to heal and work it out. Don't say your done. I had to cancel 3 hunts myself because I am in no shape to go yet was off for 10 weeks alone . There by the grace of God go any of us. Prayers and Dr.s and disapointments I know all to well there buddy. Dream about hunts all year and then can I or can't I go and in the end for now no I can't.

Remember what your going through others have been there before you and its just a season that's what I tell myself and pray about to heal. Good days and bad days is all part of the process.

The more you say to yourself to stay strong the better you will heal no matter how hard the injury was to overcome. You can do it.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. My appointment is set for July 10.  :thumbsup:

Mike-100% on the money, family priorities are #1.

Ryman-Praying that all you missed comes back to you ten fold.  

Denny

Offline chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »
Been off the grid for a few days Denny and found this.  Hope it all goes well with your surgery.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
Hey Tim, Thanks and hope all is well with you and yours.        Denny

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©