3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke Pika!!  (Read 810 times)

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
Toelke Pika!!
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:41:00 PM »
Came home from work to find

Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelke Pika!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »
Opening this little treasure was a highlight of my day after working crazy hours from the storm that hit nj.

Bow case, stringer, 2 new strings with rubber cat whiskas and nock point, 2 business cards and a note for the bow bolt operations.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
Now for the bow

Yummy! Dark myrtle veneers, micarta riser for the bow bolt, which by the way is a snap to do! Cocabola thumb rest and hand area. Absolutely beautiful.
I strung the bow once together. Gripped the bow. Very comfy...
Drew and it felt smooth.... Nocked an arrow and let loose.  Wow!
What an amazing feeling. Very confident with this little bow. Only shot it 10 yards in my house. Hit where I was looking.

I like short r/d bows. Hunting in my tree stand makes it really nice.

Now I believe the hype on Toelke bows. 3 week turn around. Simply amazing. Yes, yes I know. Some. Might say honey moon phase. If so, I want it to last forever...
Dan is great to work with. Very pleasant. Builds an awesome tool.
Tomorrow I'm going to test the range out to 30 and see what's what. I don't think I'm going to have any issues. Feeling very confident at 10, so it should be same to 20 yards.
Just thought I'd share. Since there isn't to much info on these new bows
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
Awesome. I have one in the making. Can't wait.

Let us know how she shoots.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
I'm jelly!  I want one!
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Yup...pretty cool.

God bless,
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Very, very nice looking bow.
Glad to hear it shoots at least as good as it looks!!    :thumbsup:
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Wow
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Mike, i enjoy the video reviews you post on your bows...im expecting one on the pika...SOON, right??  what a looker!

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
Nice...!!

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:00 AM »
Pete p
I must say thank you. But without my little videographer it's a bit tuff. Working odd hours. I will hopefully have one by this weekend.
I just came in from an hour of shooting. The bow performs beautifully. I torqued the string pretty good to see what kind of arrow flight. The arrow wobbled just a little bit, but found its mark. This was out at 25. Way more than I would take on a deer here in Jersey. My first shot outside was from my back porch. Which is about 10' high. Out to 35 for s&g. Just under the patch of leaves I was aiming at. Hrmm... I smiled... Walked down, retrieved my arrow then proceeded to walk the back yard looking for targets. Shooting at sticks that fell from trees from this past storm. Went to my sand pit and loosed some arrows. Very happy.
The bow performs excellent. I feel I could keep drawing. I only draw to 27". Didn't feel like hitting the back wall with this short 54". Just so dang smooth I kept muttering to myself. My dog kept looking at me and smiling.   This bow performs like a longer bow with stability.
I wanted to see how the grip felt after about 100 arrows. I say this because of the bow bolt system. Thought I could feel the area where the bow was cut. I couldn't. Lol. The grip is that dang good.
Sound. I'm a bit particular with the pitch a bow makes. I know there's ways of changing that. That's why I love string follows. Love hearing that little wisp.
Recurves and me.... The Eros by javaman is the quietest I've shot to date. Wonderful little bow. Greg is awesome also. Back to the pika. It has a little " punk" sound. Very little. Hardly noticeable by any means. I haven't messed with tuning by adjusting BH. so this could be alleviated. Maybe not fair to mention it, but I'm honest in my findings so far.
Would I recommend this bow? Absolutely. Oh, btw. The speed blew me away... Very fast little bow that is very accurate. This is a lethal hunting rig.
I'll give it a run down this summer at some 3d shoots. Hopefully I can make Etar and sawmill. I'll be wearing my green Tradgang hat, and carrying this little pika. If anyone wants to shoot. Just ask.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
Mike - Nice!  What a superb looking bow!  I will second Pete's plea for a video review.

Steve
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »
The BH will definitely cause that little "punk" sound you hear, at least it does with my Super D if the BH is too low.  You may want to play with it a little.  Dan should have sent you a note with the recommended range.

Congrats, that's one cool bow.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
Dan really does a sweet job installing the bow bolt system on his bows. Each side matches up perfectly with a tight solid fit with a 1/4 turn.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
Beautiful bow. I've owned 3 Whips,a Super Static and 2 Chinooks. Got my Pika in April and I must say it's my favorite Toelke bow yet and I've loved them all.Dan is a wood artist and a top shelf man to boot.

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
How well does the bow bolt and micarta give the riser weight? I figured a bow that tiny must not have much weight in the hand but those two things might change that a bit.
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
Very nice. Congrats on a fine stick.

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
Shreffler
The combo of the micarta and bow bolt weight is not an issue. I really like it. What I didn't like was the weight from one of my other 3 piece bow. The riser got heavy. There is no comparison. Dan has the exact weight of the micarta and bow bolt. I just don't remember that info. The bow is really a dream to shoot.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
You feel the 54" would comfortably suit a 28" draw? Dan must be a working machine to produce the volume of bows he does in such a short amount of time.

Offline Lineman72

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
Possumhead
Yes.
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©