3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nocking point question ???  (Read 408 times)

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nocking point question ???
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Two for me as well. I use to shoot one and nocked below it.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
I thought you were talking about a great sponsor here on Tradgang. The nocking point, you should give them a look.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
I have always used two it is imperative with shooting 3 under as the video bow fanatic posted shows. When I went back to shooting split I still  used 2 just made sense to illiminate any sliding.
Until I started watching  the John Schulz. Videos on YouTube. His nocking method was with one nock point and he nocks above. With his method ( Howard Hill method) handling the arrow by the nock ( back quiver) he could nock an arrow faster without looking down at the string by trapping the sting nocking the arrow to the string then sliding the nock to the point rotate his hand draw and shoot.
I now have adopted this style but instead of nocking above like John and Howard hill I nock below and slide up as Orion said when hanging my bow on a hook my nock won't slide up. I have not noticed any difference in my accuracy after going from 2 to 1 nock point. And I can gab an arrow nock it and be ready to shoot without taking my eyes of my target not even for a second.
If you never watched Johns videos you need too. Even if his Howard Hill method isn't for you it's worth a watch.
Tim.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
Two tie on .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
I would not use nocks that were so tight that slippage down the string wasn't an issue.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
If you use a nocking point above your arrow a change in arrow diameter will lower your nocking point.  When the nocking point is under the arrow it does not make any difference when I change shafts on my longbow. I do use two on some strings, but the upper one is set wide and only for keeping an arrow in a ready position. I tuck the arrow to the lower one when I shoot.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©