3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fletching Problems  (Read 890 times)

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
Fletching Problems
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
I am currently using a JO Jan fletching jig using RW feathers and right helical.  The problem lies in the fact that I am fletching 1916's and it is hard for me to get the flething correctly on them due to their small diameter.  Need ideas on another fletching jig or would it be better to go to a straight clamp on the JO  Jan?  :confused:
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
The Bitz is adjustable. I have never used a JO Jan.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
Never used a JO Jan but I am sure someone who does can tell you how to adjust it for the 1916s.

That said, I shoot 1916s exclusively and use the Bitz with ease to fletch them. It is very adjustable and easy to get a good seat on the shaft even with radical helical.

Offline tpoof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
I use the Jojan and also fletch 1916's which is my wifes arrow size. I never had any troubles you just have to adjust the front vholder and the back index receiver to the proper position, its kind of tricky but it works. I loosen them both off then place my shaft in the jig and with both hands turn each alignment devise till the feather sits flat on the shaft. screw them down tight and mark it for the next time you use those shafts. The jojan is kind of lacking in the adjustment area but you can still get it to work, I use the helical for both right and left wings and can get them both to work just fine,, you'll get it!!

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Flatlander:
Just re-adjust the way the clamp lays on the shaft,not a big problem. Loosen the front and rear adjustments, place a feather in the clamp and adjust it until the feather lays flat on the shaft.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
I have flecthed Axis on my Jo-Jan multi fletcher,you just half to adjust it.I do the same as aromaker says,I clamp a feather and adjust it until the feather lies on the shaft good.

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys!!  I will adjust it and get back to you all.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©