3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: North American Longbow Safari  (Read 228 times)

Offline SteelyDan

• Trad Bowhunter
North American Longbow Safari
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Any reports on the North American Longbow Safari 2015 the was held outside of Calgary, Alberta last weekend?

Just wondering how the shoot went, how many attended and perhaps where in the USA that it might be held next year.

SD

Offline rockpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: North American Longbow Safari
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
I to am anxiuos to hear how the Safari went.  We were signed up, however the week before our camp trailer had major problems so we had to stay home.  I hear that they have not found a vinue for 2016 in the States.  Hope that gets taken care of soon.  Always a good time

Online Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: North American Longbow Safari
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
About 150 shooters. Down from past years. One course was broadheads or field points, your choice. The other was field points only. The targets on the field point course were all relatively new and in really good shape. I can understand not wanting to carve them up with broadheads.

Some of the targets on one course were pretty close but they were small. You'd be surprised what you can miss at short distances.

Weather was pretty good although there was a bit of rain on Sat nite. Cooled things off nicely.

The practice range was good, several older 3D targets of varying sizes. I would like to have seen a course for kids, even half a dozen targets.

All in all a pretty good shoot.
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©