3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The wall tent thread.  (Read 2282 times)

Re: The wall tent thread.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »
I have set my sail canvas baker and my wall tent up using parachute cord loops and rocks instead of stakes on rocky ground.  I use an inside truss rafter/pole.  Don't put them away wet and clean and dry the loops before storing.  Any dampness and the enzymes in dirt will work fast on them. Oh and watch out for tornadoes and moose, they are attracted to canvas.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Good info on cutting your own poles, total weight and the rebar stakes.  Gotta love Tradgang.  Some of my friends have started asking....."How do you learn all of this stuff?"
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
Life is good! Don't wear it out the first year!

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
My Eena tents have double stake loops, the nylon and a ring. I agree that one needs to be careful with rebar. My metal stakes are aluminum with a hook. The hook holds down the loop, not the flat corners of the the stake.  I am sure that you told about setting them up a bit loose. High humidity and cooling evening temps will tighten canvas tents up.

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
That's awesome Izzy, enjoy.  :thumbsup:  

Bob

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
That is just awsome and with that stove you'll be all toasty in there !!
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigErn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Looks good Izzy! Man i'm right there with you,think i'm going to try an get one next year.
     Which stove did youget?
                            Ernie
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make him think!

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »
Very nice!
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigErn:
Looks good Izzy! Man i'm right there with you,think i'm going to try an get one next year.
     Which stove did youget?
                            Ernie
Hey Ernie, I got the tundra take down by kni-co. I've been damn cold in Texas, I know you could use one down there.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:

Which stove did youget?
                            Ernie
Hey Ernie, I got the tundra take down by kni-co. I've been damn cold in Texas, I know you could use one down there. [/b]
I'm also rethinking the stakes. Been looking at some lighter options.

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
Your gonna love the wall tent. Spent a total of 3 and a half weeks in mine I bought last year. Best camp set up I have ever been in! Will be using it this year as hunting camp for a total of 4 weeks in 4 states.
So nice not to have to pay for a hotel and notnget weird looks as you walk thru a hotel lobby carrying tree stands..lol
For the tent stakes I used 12 inch long 3/8 nails from home depot were like 60 cents each. Works like a champ and galvanized!
 Cool trick on the cold nights... I bring my jet sled into tent and park it close to stove. Heat water on stove and fill solar shower. Hang solar shower from tent rafter. Stand in jet sled take hot show next to stove. Then wash dirty clothes in the soappy water in the jet sled and rinse with remaining water in solar shower. A hot shower and laundry at the same time and all in a 70 degree tent on a 10 degree night. Doesn't get any better!!!

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
I have Used those nails too.  Pretty much indestructible!  I put fender washers on them to keep the lines from popping off.  Probably not needed, but just in case.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
Congrats!

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »
That's a nice tent. They have a lot of room & are comfortable especially with a stove. Should make a nice home.
Thanks for sharing.
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Bryan pinick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Nothing like a canvas camp. Enjoy!!!!

:thumbsup:

Offline BigErn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by LB_hntr:

Cool trick on the cold nights... I bring my jet sled into tent and park it close to stove. Heat water on stove and fill solar shower. Hang solar shower from tent rafter. Stand in jet sled take hot show next to stove. Then wash dirty clothes in the soappy water in the jet sled and rinse with remaining water in solar shower. A hot shower and laundry at the same time and all in a 70 degree tent on a 10 degree night. Doesn't get any better!!! [/QB]
Heck Yea!
 Another reason i need too get one!
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make him think!

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

Originally posted by LB_hntr:

Cool trick on the cold nights... I bring my jet sled into tent and park it close to stove. Heat water on stove and fill solar shower. Hang solar shower from tent rafter. Stand in jet sled take hot show next to stove. Then wash dirty clothes in the soappy water in the jet sled and rinse with remaining water in solar shower. A hot shower and laundry at the same time and all in a 70 degree tent on a 10 degree night. Doesn't get any better!!! [/b]
Heck Yea!
 Another reason i need too get one! [/QB]
Almost doesn't sound like camping. No bath in a cold Creek????   :confused:
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Just came back from a camping trip in The Green Mt. National forest on our first overnighter in it and am getting more and more efficient at setting up. No condensation like in a poly tent. Im loving it.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Very cool! I've been thinking about investing in one myself. How do you know where to start? There are hundreds available and at all different prices. What are some key quality features to look for, and what are some things to avoid? Thanks.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Sixgun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pheonixarcher:
Very cool! I've been thinking about investing in one myself. How do you know where to start? There are hundreds available and at all different prices. What are some key quality features to look for, and what are some things to avoid? Thanks.
I found this manufacturer to have a ton of information.

http://www.davistent.com/

After looking at all the other options out there, I just ordered a 12 x 14 with internal frame for myself.

Hope that helps.

Ray
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there.

Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©