3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: EFA Heading out for the IBO and then Denton Hill  (Read 378 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
EFA Heading out for the IBO and then Denton Hill
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »
Well it's just a couple of days before heading out for Clarkesville, Tn. We still have to do some more preparation before packing..., a few more bow quivers, and a few more armguards, tabs, etc. This year we will have several new Mesa quivers, our latest Cochise models, and a variety of armguards.

Quality and creativity are what we strive for. Every year we make small improvements, and always have something new to see. Thanks for your suggestions and support. Please let us know what you think of the new items. Drive safely and see you there.

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: EFA Heading out for the IBO and then Denton Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
EFA, you guys make a great quiver. They are light weight and not bulky. I have the Apache and love it. I realy like the velcro straps, holds tight and they don't make noise. Your new style quivers with the two tone leather look really good. Thanks for a great product!!!

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Years ago Karen told me at Tannehill, "We make bow quivers for folks that don't like bow quivers". Tell her to use it as a regular sales pitch and see what happens. My quiver use to be the first thing to go once up my tree but the Velcro on my EFA was used once since I've had it if that tells ya anything! Great product!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Originally I had a bad opinion of bow quivers. I had put one on my bow and found that the weight of it caused an imbalance with the bow, but worse than that it caused the arrow to hit several inches to the left. Then one day I tried the 3 arrow Mini bow quiver. It had no noticeable effect on the shot, nor on the balance of a lightweight bow.

We are often told that our (EFA) bow quivers help to quiet a noisy bow, or that it improved their shot group. This is not surprising. A bow quiver can act as a stabilizer on a lightweight bow and can also dampen limb vibrations. It's also important to match the quiver to the bow. I wouldn't put a large 6 arrow quiver on a lightweight bow, but on a heavier bow it might work out fine. On a Shrew or Striker longbow I like no more than a medium size 4 arrow quiver, but on a Black Widow or Hummingbird recurve I would go up to our larger Chief size 4 or 5 arrow quiver.

Thanks Yewbender and Possum Head. Hope to see you at one of these events. Here is some of our Cochise quivers that will be at the shows.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Safe travels, Don. And may you come back empty handed on inventory due to a rush on your quivers  ;)

I hope you can make the Barefoot Traditional Archers shoot in August.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Thanks Bud B. I haven't made any of the shoots this year because they have been on Sundays. That's my day for church and family. I should make this one however since it's a Saturday/Sunday shoot. Barefoot is a great range and the food is great. It's always good to see old friends, shoot the range, and enjoy the food.

We will pack up tomorrow and head out Thursday for Clarkesville. Looking forward to seeing new friends and old.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Top center is my fav but wouldn't that top right go nice on some Grayling green!! Perhaps I should be a professional bow decorator.

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Possum Head:
Top center is my fav but wouldn't that top right go nice on some Grayling green!! Perhaps I should be a professional bow decorator.
That Cochise on the top right is just like the one I won in the St Jude auction - and I've been thinking the same thing about a green-glassed bow to mount it on.   :D
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
Grayling green is what I was thinking as I put this quiver together. However, I just got a Daman Howett recurve with green glass. I may have to put one on there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©