3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CD Archery WF19 Review (pic heavy)  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
CD Archery WF19 Review (pic heavy)
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
I've shot quite a few metal riser ilf bows. Most of them had sights and stabilizers on them and I shot them at large colored targets.

I have tried a few for hunting. They were shorter than my target bows and didn't have stabilizers or sights. They just never seemed to feel right in the hand to me. After trying a few I decided that when it came to hunting bows wood is good.
But....
On a whim I decided to purchase a CD Archery WF19. It's a small company out of Virginia and I was happy to give them some business. Dewayne was very helpful and shipped my riser out right away. Two days later I was shooting arrows out of it.

It's a really interesting setup. They designed it to feel like a bow that has some stabilization on it without having anything screwed into the bow.

Well their design works and I've never had a bow that held so steady. I'm not much of an aimer but I can feel how steady and stable I am with this riser. The added stability has really improved my shooting, it's like I can't miss with this thing.

The adjustable tiller is nice because you can adjust the draw weight a good amount and find the sweet spot for your tiller. The adjustable center shot is really great for tuning arrows.

The hump on the shelf is probably my favorite feature beside the weight forward design. The hump gives really good clearance to your arrows even when shooting vanes, something I've been wanting to try ever since I learned Paul Schaffer shot vanes.

So with fall approaching quickly and my stable of bows growing rapidly this is the bow I will be reaching for come opening day.

Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: CD Archery WF19 Review (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
Not to mention designed by multiple time IBO Champions Dewayne Martin and Calvin Smock

There is some good talent behind that riser design, these guys know their sh*t

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:11:00 AM »
Nice setup, I like the color of your riser. Nice review and good shooting.
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by babs:
Nice setup, I like the color of your riser. Nice review and good shooting.
I really like the bronze color. It also comes in camo and other colors.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©