3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question about the Kustom King gloves  (Read 494 times)

Offline mountain lion

• Trad Bowhunter
Question about the Kustom King gloves
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
Has anyone tried the deerskin glove with the cordovan leather tips or the speed glove or the black nylon glove? I need a new glove and was wanting to try one of these three. I have be 3rivers super glove now but was wandering about these. Thanks
Wild Horse Creek  kestrel 60" 56#@28
Black Widow KB X 58" 51@28"
Black Widow PSA lll 60" 52@28"

" Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question about the Kustom King gloves
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
I have the black glove that is buffalo leather.. has the nylon tips. I believe that is the speed glove.. i love it. Cheap . Comfortable and.  Gives a great. Release. I also have the black nylon KK one..  i like it also but not as. Well as the black KK bear paw model

Offline TX FLY CASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »
I really like the BearPaw speed glove , but I only get one season out of them before they come apart. I started shooting the gloves that black widow sells , 1 season down still and shooting the same glove for this upcoming season. I am very pleased.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
I used the bearpaw deerskin glove for a year now, and I am very happy with it! When this one is worn , I will buy the same one again! But they seem to last very long....
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »
I recently picked up a Bear Paw black nylon glove, not sure of the model name. I like it, but it's a little warm for summer shooting. Seems to have a thin fleece type lining. I'll definitely use it this fall when it cools down. Looks well made.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 09:31:00 AM »
I shoot the deerskin glove with the cordovan leather tips. It is made a little bulky in the third finger, but works well for me.
It is the easiest on the fingers I have found.
Ken Thornhill

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
As a retailer who sells Kustom King gloves, I sincerely appreciate everyone providing the reviews.  Since Kustom King has their gloves made by Bear Paw, there is really no difference between a Kustom King glove and a Bear Paw glove.  Of course, there are different models.  One of my favorites is the deerskin with cordovan overlays.  I will admit to having a preference for Neet over Bear Paw.  With gloves it can be a personal thing.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Offline Scott Barr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
I have and use the leather speed glove and 3Rivers. I like them all.  I used someone else's all nylon BP glove. Really liked it I was surprised.    However no one seems to have one available at this time.  As per comment above not lasting,  BP has corrected problem with materials according to website. Their leather glove and 3 Rivers are very similar. Good feel for string.  Good fit.  Excellent release.  I tend to prefer 3 Rivers just a tad as it is just a little more supple.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
The Bear Paw Black Glove is my favorite ever.  Perfect for Florida, you can get it wet with no issues.  Someone said it was warm but I'd rather sweat in a textile glove than leather.  It is great for light or heavy bows with enough protection but excellent string feel.  It stays supple in the finger tips and the tip layers are big enough for a deep hook.  Its also lightweight so once it's on you forget it's even there.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Producer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
I am breaking in a new Neet deer skin glove. So far so good. Offers enought protection with thin fast flight with 47lb bow but still sensitive to the release.
What gives me wings? Flying with my arrows over and over again. And never giving up...For giving up means not believing...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©