3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pennsylvania WMU 5C Hunt with UBP  (Read 190 times)

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Pennsylvania WMU 5C Hunt with UBP
« on: July 17, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of "Camp-wack-a-doe" put on by the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania?  It is a campout/deer management hunt where farmers grant limited access to bowhunters to hunt for the weekend to keep the population in check.  I'm wondering whether any trad archers attend?  If so, is it worth checking out?
-EVG

Online Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pennsylvania WMU 5C Hunt with UBP
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
I've been there a few times.  Live near there and hunt the SGL near there. It is definitely worth checking out.  There's a lot of folks there - probably near 50.  But there is a lot of property to hunt.  They guys that set up the hunt do an extraordinary job of coordinating everything, setting everything up at the campground and getting permission to hunt private land for this weekend only.  Lots of good camaraderie and a fantastic pig roast on Saturday evening. Two years ago one hunter shot a bear during this hunt.

Things may change this year since bucks will be in season at the same time.  It may impact how many properties are available to hunt.
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pennsylvania WMU 5C Hunt with UBP
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Phil.  I live in West Chester and am always looking for new places to hunt.  I'll have to check it out.
-EVG

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©