3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm going to beat Ron LaClair  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm going to beat Ron LaClair
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
That looks like a Shrewhaven wolf. Something that might come out of Lobo Lair at about 4:30 am    :scared:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
That looks like a Shrewhaven wolf. Something that might come out of Lobo Lair at about 4:30 am     :scared:  
.....when the generator runs out of gas and the Cpap machine stops working.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »

(Caption) "Sledge was a little stringy, seasoned with a dose of B S and an Irish whiskey aftertaste"

:bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Interpretation: "Roger I'm going to chew you up and spit you out on the course Saturday"  

Roger, I think you, Greg and I will have to sit on the back deck after shooting Wednesday with a glass of ETL and talk about your strategy for Saturday. Ron looks like he's shooting pretty good, so that strategy session may take a while.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
We can certainly sit and drink good whiskey,  but my strategy has never been deeper than shooting as many perfect arrows as I can that day.

Statisticians and odds makers would have us believe that the  outcome of some match ups is inevitable. Yet we still play the game.

I had a platoon Sergeant once who said "There may br people who want to kill you. MAKE  them do it,  don't let them "

:archer:

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
The fine gentlemen at Black Widow sent me a care package, with the simple note "Good luck this weekend"

I will certainly be well dressed...   :bigsmyl:

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
WOW now the pressure is really on    :scared:  A little advice buddy, when you're shooting try not to think how bad you'll feel if you let em down.     :pray:

:p
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
WOW now the pressure is really on       :scared:     A little advice buddy, when you're shooting try not to think how bad you'll feel if you let em down.        :pray:    

:p    
Naah..everyone knows beating you is a long shot. They just wanted me to be well dressed

G. Fred Asbell

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
I was trying as hard as I could with my plain green glass Hill Style longbow and old 1960's Microflite arrow technology, but I just couldn't get my shooting up to Lobo's standards:

[/url] [/IMG]  

I'm glad I have a family commitment for the big shoot off day (surprise 60th anniversary for my parents), so I won't get embarrassed by the big 'wolf' dogs.  None the less, if I was going to shoot, I'd proudly wear this vintage shirt (which by the way I was wearing under my shirt when I killed my first turkey ever in 2000 with my Super Shrew Samurai-seen in my avatar):

[/url] [/IMG]

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
"I'll even help you out by watching very closely when you shoot and pointing out the mistakes I see in your form. [nono] Now I hope that won't bother you, just consider yourself lucky to get free shooting lessons. [goldtooth] "

And the mind games begin ! LOL, I hate to miss this spectator event, ill donate $50 on Ron as well... This young whipper snapper needs to be put in his place !
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
I've been eating a lot of red meat lately, I hear it stimulates the killer instinct    :mad:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
This is the set up that I'll be using this weekend, Shrew Model-T   "Black Widow Exterminator"  with Carbon Express Predator arrows.  

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2015, 03:42:00 PM »
The ten ring is the ten ring Roger. Don't listen to the naysayers.  You got this!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
Well the warm-up match is complete. We had a great time and let's just say its going to be interesting on Saturday. Roger has a beautiful Black Widow bow with an Asbell grip and its a real shooter.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
I sure envy all of you that are going to be at Elm Hall to watch this. I will be following closely on Facebook. I know some of my buddies will keep me updated.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
Because of the high stakes of this match (bragging rights of course), there is an independent third party individual making the trip and she will be the official scorer of the competition. I have to say, she was the official of last nights 'warm-up' outing and she was ruthless in her decisions and once her ruling was made, all participants left the target without a peep.

Roger did buy this individual dinner last night after the shoot, however in spite of such gratuitous bribery, I'm still confident that the scoring will be impeccable.   :readit:    ;)

I know Ron will be tough to beat, however Roger and Greg will make this very interesting. Good luck to all three of my Shrewhaven buddies!!!   :archer:    :archer2:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

G. Fred Asbell

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
Those steaks look really good!! I'll bet that smell is drifting through the course it might be a bit distracting to both shooters and judges....   :bigsmyl:
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »
Let's keep this at the top in anticipation of the results.   :archer2:

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 11:32:00 PM »
two requests.. take a pic of EVERY target, and be sure to make it interesting Ron.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©