3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Fedora Xcellerator Hybrid Photos?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Fedora Xcellerator Hybrid Photos?
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
Does anyone have a photo they can post showing a strung Fedora Xcellerator hybrid bow? I'm narrowing my choices down on some hybrid longbow models. I know Fedora makes the Xcellerator in a recurve or dished style. I'm partial to the dished style.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Fedora Xcellerator Hybrid Photos?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
This will be my first time posting pics so here it goes. This is my 62" 50@28 Xcellerator. I love it

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
Chris,

That is one great looking Fedora EXCELLERATOR hybrid bow!! Thanks so much for the pictures. I really appreciate you taking the time to post those pictures. What woods make up your bow (riser specifically)? I'm asking because I just got off the phone with Mike Fedora. What a wealth of knowledge that man has. Mike spent 45 minutes with me. I also see you went with the recurve grip style with thumbrest. That's exactly what Mike suggested to me since I told him I'm partial to the dish looking style. Also; and if I'm out of line with this, you don't have to answer, could I ask how much you paid for your bow? I've got a small budget of between $900-$1200.....and my wife told me in "plain language"......this better be my last trad bow purchase. I sheepishly told her......."sure".  ;)
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
Go to trad bows classified look fo my 58" fedora xcellerator that I just sold pending payment.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I should say it is a great bow the thumb rest and grip are great for positive hand placement it enables you to shoot very accurately.This bow new was around 800 or 900 bucks 6 lams .LikeI said great bow just like my Horne brushbow better.

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
His bows are usually cheaper in stock.  I was going to have a custom 560 with an ebony riser and the price was $1,500.  I got an equally nice one in stock for a couple hundred bucks less.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
I can't go with what Mike has in stock because I have a long 30" drawlength and I want a bow between 40-42 pounds at my drawlenth. Mike told me if he had one in stock, he would have sent it to me to try out. The reason for the light poundage weight is because my left shoulder has been surgically repaired and my right shoulder will probably need to have the same surgical procedure done on it. Mike suggested a 64", but I like a 66" bow.

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »
I really like Mike's locator grip. Its a little different at first but now I really love it. When I bought mine me and my dad went to Mike's in Pennsylvania for 3 days and built them. I don't remember what it was exactly because we each made bows and got a discount for taking the seminar too but Id definatly say they were in your price range.  The light wood in mine is zebrawood and the dark is cocobolo and the red stripes in the riser are bloodwood.

Hers some closer pics of the risers. Mine is on top and my dads in the lower bow. His riser is all cocobolo.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Chris,

Mike Fedora called me back later this afternoon and I told him about your pictures in this thread. I sent him the link via email and he should have it by now......if he gets his son to open his email. Mike told me he never turns on his computer. Thanks for the description of the woods and the price. Incidentally, when I
described your bow to Mike and you were from Long Island, he remembered you and your dad. Mike was glad you were using the top of your "eyebow for the string to hit" for your anchoring point with your fingers on your cheek. Again, thanks so much for the second set of pictures. You and your dad have beautiful hybrid EXCELLERATORS.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »
Chris, did you make the bow in the pics or a different one?  How difficult was the bowmaking process?  How did you get info on his bow making class?  Was it expensive?  I'd like to do it, I only live like 45 miles from Mike and I've yet to go there.  The bow I'm currently shooting is a Toelke Whip.  If I know the story right, I think Dan Toelke learned under Mike Fedora.  The grip on my bow is very similar to yours.  Why the anchoring on the cheek and eyebrow for anchor?  Just curious.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
Bows and bow rack...ROCK bro!!!! cool   :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
The bows in the pics are the bows me and my dad made with the Fedora's. I was actually amazed at how good they came out cinsidering we did most of the work and had no clue how to make a bow before we went. They break the process down into a bunch of small steps and go over everything and explain why its done that way.  They usually have adds in traditional bowhunter every month on their place or you could check out their weisite.

Part of the 3 day seminar was a lesson on shooting and he suggested we try his method, which I now use. It has a high anchor and a slightly different stance. The reasoning for the high anchor is to put the arrow closer to your eye. It just makes it easier to shoot where your looking. If your only 45 minutes away I would definatly reccommend taking a ride and visiting them.

They are top notch people and are a wealth of information about archery. I live on Long Island and plan to visit them to pick up my next bow i've ordered from them.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
Chris,

I've got another question. What is the brace height of your strung EXCELLERATOR? Also, do you cant your bow?

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
Chris, nice job man.  Those are some nice bows.  I'll definitely have to pay the Fedora's a visit.  I may go in the next couple of weeks as I'm off work, only downside is since I've had surgery on my hand I won't be able to shoot at all.  Is the zebrawood in your riser a solid piece or a bunch of thin pieces glued together?  Bow looks real nice, you and your dad made some NICE bows.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
Mike told me 6 1/2 from the very back of the shelf

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©