3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pack size  (Read 399 times)

Offline little_feather

• Trad Bowhunter
Pack size
« on: July 24, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Hey guys, looking for a good pack for full day sets in the tree/blind.

Must have straps to synch down my heavy wool camo and enough space to haul my gear. I'd also like the ability to strap a quiver to the pack.

I've got a cat quiver 2, which u like, but I think the quality of the material is sub par

Ready... go!

Offline huronhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pack size
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »
Look at the Bad Land magnum fanny pack . It works great for me .

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »
Depends on how much gear you are taking.  I bought a full sized Eberlestofk "blue Widow" a few years ago foe elk hunting. I bought it used for not much more than a new Badlands day pack.

The lid on the backpack comes off and makes into a nice sized fanny pack that I use for day trips when deer or bear hunting.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
I like my cat fanny VI 1/2 for treestand and out west ground hunting. Lots of straps and lashing points to attach stuff to it. I personally like the material for the quietness of it, but it isn't the heaviest duty by far.  Works perfect for me.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline little_feather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the insight guys. I'm leaning toward a molle style pack that I can customize to my needs... strap a quiver to, make my own lashing system, etc. I really like the bison gear and eberlestock packs, but they're big money that I don't have right now (recently engaged), so I need to think minimalist and customizable

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by little_feather:
Thanks for the insight guys. I'm leaning toward a molle style pack that I can customize to my needs... strap a quiver to, make my own lashing system, etc. I really like the bison gear and eberlestock packs, but they're big money that I don't have right now (recently engaged), so I need to think minimalist and customizable
MOLLE packs make great hunting packs and can be found rather inexpensively at gun shows and surplus stores, as well as **** and Amazon.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
Take a look at the Marine corp. ILBE 3 day assault pack.  Sounds like what your looking for to me.

Offline little_feather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
I really like the red rock packs. The assault is what I'm keying in on... you guys have any ideas on a quiver to attach? I like the safari tuff line up.

Thoughts?

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
Take a look at the Alps Z Outdoors - Pursuit.
Good price and good reviews.  I've got one and I'm going to use it for my day pack while Colorado elk hunting in September.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
I just got a Badlands 2200 for day packing and it would probably work for you.  It is on the large side, but pulls down to about any size You might need.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
I just ordered a Blacks Creek Cure.  I'm going to try the lumbar design because I prefer an off bow quiver and typical packs make me sweat.  Looks to be plenty of room for strapping down heavy clothes.  Made in the USA and comes in Predator.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline little_feather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
I'll check them out. If you're into packing gear into the woods, please take a look at looprope...  www.looprope.Com  . Saw them years ago and just stumbled across them again. Awesome product they offer!

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
The Cabelas Whitetail pack has worked for me for many years. Nice pockets for my stuff and the main pack always seems to hold one more piece of clothing.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Charlie3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
I have one similar to this and like it. You can use it with or without 3 liter camelback.

http://eberlestock.com/H7-Dagger.htm

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
For Eastern Whitetails I rarely carry more than my Mountainsmith Fanny pack.  When out West I have a Badlands Superday.  I must admit I carry very little in the whitetail woods except knives, marking tape, wind detecter, GPS and a few snacks.  Binos go on the neck.
T ZZZZ

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
I have a camelback mule that works very well
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©