3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ETAR...what caught your eye??  (Read 651 times)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
ETAR...what caught your eye??
« on: July 26, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
My son and I just got home. What a great weekend!   :jumper:

What product(s) really got your attention....or your money??   :D

For me, the new Zipper recurve limbs were simply amazing!!  Bill has designed a real winner!  

Also, I have never bought a custom built set of arrows, preferring to build my own. However, Gary Hall's (D&M Custom Arrows) arrows are just about a "must have" for me. I waited a little too long, and he had already sold the ones that I liked. Looks like an order is in my near future!!

Offline MCS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ETAR...what caught your eye??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
Great weather fantastic people. Oh and I came home with one of those Zippers with the new limbs. I just had to have it.

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
I had my eyes on Leon Stewart's works of art, and he invited me to shoot one of his bows. I couldn't afford it, but I did score a Howard Hill Big Five longbow for an incredibly great price at the swap meet. Next year I'm bringing more cash with me!
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
A couple EFA quivers, a membership to RMEF, that came with a knife , plenty of arrows and oh yea a new version super grizzly 50#@28.  Thanks big jim
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
Sorry double post
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
That new bear super griz
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
A three piece Palmer Classic at the blanket sale  not only caught my eye but also a few dollars from my wallet. Shot two courses with it next day and it felt like it was built for me. Weather was about as nice as one could ask for. Great shoot and hoping it'll be around again next year.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »
I'll have to second the New Zipper recurve limbs. Might have to get my daughter one. These limbs are super efficient and super quiet.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
Well a few things caught my eye and my wallet as well. Me and the wife picked up some t-shirts, sweatshirts, I bought a few new tabs to try out. I bought some venison seasoning. I picked up a new boar target from big jim got a great deal, tried the  millennium tree seat which i will be ordering soon before hunting season very impressed with the comfort and light weight. I also was impressed with big jims three pc recurve with the micarta handle and ebony limbs, one of the best looking and most comfortable grips I felt at the show. I also got to talk to mike, jason and john at dryad bows, very nice people and there ILF recurve and longbows limbs are incredible. I dont normally shoot longbows very well but with their riser and LBX longbow limbs I cant say that anymore. Very nice. I had a blast meeting new friends and shooting with old friends. Now i just gotta start saving money for all goodies I played with this week. Brad and Kristy
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
ETAR was great and weather was as good as it gets.  Had a great time and did little shopping except for some shafts.  Spent as much time as I could shooting.  Ended up doing 9 courses.  Will need a week to recover.  My ring finger is a little sore.  

Did hear good reviews from the guys that took Joel Turners shooting seminar.
T ZZZZ

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
It was a fantastic weekend!  Bought a couple of "T" shirts and some arrow components.  I also ordered another Palmer Recurve.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
I scored a dozen beautiful wood arrows that were very slightly used. I'll try to get pics up soon. Also picked up a recurve for my granddaughter at the swap meet, a clickety- clicker for the other granddaughter, some t-shirts, a neck knife, etc., etc.

Great time shooting and met lots of new friends.

The hill country bows definitely caught my attention.

Great weather too.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
I bought a set of used limbs for my Schafer during the trade blanket for a smoking deal!
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
The new dryad 19" ilf risers are awesome. Nice and heavy and completely dead on release. And they just happened to have one that perfectly matched my limbs. I wasn't planning on buying a new bow, but it happens every year.

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
Awsome time at Denton Hill!!! Great weather, chatting with good friends and meeting new ones. I scored a HH Redman at the trade blanket at a very reasonable price and the bow shoots like a dream!!!

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 11:09:00 PM »
For me it was meeting and getting a signed book by Monty Browning he's great. I asked him if I could handle his old green Bear Mag recurve you know the one that he shot that huge moose with on that solo hunt a few years back. It felt nice in the hand and was neat for me to handle.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 12:58:00 AM »
I was really impressed by Gary Hall's work as well. Talk about some sweet looking arrows !!!      :thumbsup:      Heck of a nice guy as well. Had a great conversation with Chad Weaver at the BCY booth, and stocked up on some string and serving material. Picked up a few packs of 185gr. Grizzly broadheads, and shot a few of Bill's bows. I had really been wanting to try a set of 58" Nitro limbs, and came away quite impressed. Talk about the perfect ambush bow.   :thumbsup:  

I was lucky enough to share camp with Bill & Tracy Dunn again. Couldn't ask for a better group of friends. Probably a few pounds heavier due to Tracy's cooking. That girl sure can cook !!! The weather was great, and so were the courses. Always a great time. Looking forward to 2016 already.

Bill

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 01:20:00 AM »

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 07:20:00 AM »
I also picked up Monty's book. It was great meeting him.

The only other items purchased were a few do-dads I needed like points and inserts.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Montys book, dz arrows at swap meet, great weather and met some wonderful people. Courses were better than ever even without the chairlift...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©