3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Matlock bow string?  (Read 419 times)

Offline CapaMadura

• Trad Bowhunter
Matlock bow string?
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:39:00 PM »
I have Matlock predator x2 that I bought off a friend. I need a new string. Can anyone tell me what material Bill originally used on this bow? Any suggestions? Experiences?

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Matlock bow string?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:27:00 AM »
I am not sure of what material he used, but I can tell you that that doesn't really matter.  There are a lot of good materials out today.  Two of the "hottest" are BCY X and FURY.  Try one of those out, and you won't be disappointed.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline ForrestGator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 02:17:00 AM »
I have two Matlock predators and love them. I recently built myself a string from dyna flight 97 and its performing great. It's a little cheaper going that route too.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
Back when I got my Predator X was back in the day before all these new modern string materials.I think he used the old original Brownell Fast Flight.I've used on mine D97,then 450+ and now the new BCY-X.I think the BCY-X is an excellent string material,I'm putting it on all my bows now.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
Yep, Bill favored h.p. materials!

I built quite a few Fast Flight strings for Leo Market's Matlock bows.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
If you want to stick with the "original" material, BCY's 652 Spectra is the same material as original FF (Bob Destin and Ray Browne, founders of BCY, developed the material for Brownell before starting BCY).

For the latest and greatest, BCY-X, 8190 Universal, or the brand-spanking-new 8190 F (fine).  8190 F was just introduced to the market at the ETAR--it's 100% SK90 Dyneema with no GORE (vs. 8190 Universal that does have GORE).

Haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but initial feedback has all been great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©