3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016' Trad-Gang Bear Quest "A Successful GREAT TIME" with plenty of BEAR ACtion  (Read 5998 times)

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here's some pics from the week

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry about the bear Sean. Sounds like a great week in camp though. I think those big bunnies are the coolest thing. Place looks the same. Even Bodoc looks a little better,lol.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ed. Bowdoc was Bowdoc!! There are some pigs up there. Here's the one that never gave Bill Terry a good shot

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Those are some nice bears......looks like BowDoc has gained a pound or 2......lol
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow, that is a hog!

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sorry you didn't find your bear Sean..looks like a great hunt though. And that rabbit is bigger than some of our deer!!

Offline Tony Z

• Trad Bowhunter
Sean and I got home late Saturday night. What a great time. Great memories made and new friends as well. Tom Phillips puts together one hell of a hunt. I could not hold off and killed my bear the first evening. A woodsman broadhead  from my BW recurve put him down withinn 50 yards. But I enjoyed helping Tom and the other guys in camp and had plenty of time to relax and reflect on my hunt. I can't post pics right now but maybe one of the other guys will soon.  Tony Z

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here you go Tony. Congrats on your first black bear

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:clapper:  Well done..!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice guys....  Sean, I've been on the wrong side of the 'bringing one home'...  it sucks, but all a part of it!

I look forward to seeing pics and reading stories!

God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline dringge

• Trad Bowhunter
You guys are killing me. I would have loved to have been on any of the hunts Im reading about here. Maybe next year. I am so envious.
NRA Life Member

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by dringge:
You guys are killing me. I would have loved to have been on any of the hunts Im reading about here. Maybe next year. I am so envious.
You won't regret it. I didn't go into detail about my hunts. Each evening on stand was more exciting than the next. Hearing big beats pop thier jaws at you, bluff charge and roar is pretty intense.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
Pop jaws, throw down logs and growl and shake the ground around you with a bow in hand and then stick his head nearly in your blind looking for yu. Then he's a couple feet from you and you draw and and ready to drive one through him and he hears the arrow accross shelf and looks back at ya and no shot. I'd say that's intense.LOL

You don't know what your going to experience and it could be almost anything.LOL Its a wild experience for sure. Can't wait till get back myself. Since you left a few they will be bigger and honryer too.

As you know Shawn I could not get there. Last week and this week I questioned myself could I have made the run then made the trip and handled it. Maybe or maybe not it was worth the try but not worth the issue others might have had to deal with should anything gone wrong. I'm in pain over missing this bad mental pain and angry.LOL

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bummer Sean,

Congrats Tony, nice Bear!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Tony, great bear.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep it coming brings back memories.I see that old ugly mount bear in the camp is still there with his crazy teeth.Kip

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sorry to hear that Sean...sounds like a dog may have helped.  Tony congrats on your first bear!  I imagine Bill will be dreaming of that pumpkin head for a long time!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like a good time as usual. Keep the pics and stories coming.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Users currently browsing this topic: