3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016' Trad-Gang Bear Quest "A Successful GREAT TIME" with plenty of BEAR ACtion  (Read 5985 times)

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
It takes a big man to bring a full sized Fabio to bear camp but this Brad Pitt Ginger look a like had no problem pulling it off   :knothead:  

The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice job on the bear Matty. Congrats.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Quest 10

I had the privilege of sharing camp with a wonderful group of men I now call friends. I could not of scripted a better cast of characters to live out a common dream we know as the Traditional Bowhunting Journey. I'm mindful to focus on the Journey, for the destination is never really a place or animal, but a lifelong pursuit of fulfillment that only God can grow, water, enrich, restore, and sustain...      :saywhat:       It was a pleasure sharing camp with you this week. Well done & Thank you.

Ben Holtz
As many know here on Trad-Gang, Ben and I are good friends from the same locale in Iowa. We've been looking forward to this adventure for a long time. Well the trip has finally come & gone, but the memories will be cherished & last a life-time. I am happy for you! Well done my friend...

Old Friends Sean B & Tony Z
It was great meeting up with you on Saturday in La Tuque upon the close of your hunt, and the beginning of mine. Sean B, Tony Z, and I shared a 2012 Maine Bear Camp with Squapan Mountain Outfitters along with the Black Widow Boys... I enjoyed our time together. I'm glad you both had a successful hunt! Take care gentlemen.

Instead of disrupting the continuity of the incredible stories to come on this thread, I will open up a separate thread accessible via a Link on this one in the days to come. This way others may look at their leisure of the wonderful creatures God has created. Look for "KAZ on Resurrection"... Thank you to all for creating an environment for a wonderful adventure!       :campfire:    

Thank you Lord       :pray:

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Kaz! You were awesome and that was spot on!!
   :clapper:

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great posts Matty and Kaz.

Here's a few more pics from the week.

Gary and Matty muscling Matty's bear out of the bush and back to the boat.

Gary and Rod giving us a lesson in how to shoot.

BowDoc in full attire.

The view from my stand.

Rod getting a lecture on something from BowDoc.

>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
I couldn't have said it better my self Travis!

Matty, I was pumped when I walked in Wendsday night and heard that you had a bear down!  Happy for ya     :thumbsup:

Offline Ben Nicholson

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like everyone had a great time!   Love reading the stories!

-Ben
"Remember, if you don't do it this year you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations to everyone on a successful hunt whether you tagged bear or not. Haven't heard from my good friend Tim Nuss?

Also, did Matty happen to stick his tongue out for y'all?

Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bill - Yes!!!  We did see that long Gene Simmons-like tongue of Matty's. (And a few comments were made    ;)  )
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline FoCoBlackWidow

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like a great trip. Matty, congrats on the bear.
FoCoBlackWidow

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
I don't think there are many things that get
Bow-Doc nerves but just look at his face......

That's a look of " Wheres the back door, I'm getting out of here " or is that a smile!?!?!?!
   :laughing:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I dont think I would tempt Bowdoc that way.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I agree with you Nate,
Bowdoc has that Cheshire Cat look...that could become a very short tongue in a wink of an eye   :scared:
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not much to say that hasn't be said.

Best group I've ever shared a camp with !

Bowdoc is one of a kind!

Tom goes the extra mile for everyone in camp!

Lots of Bears!

Thanks!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
Can't wait to hear about the bear that weighed 305# . Don't know what the Bear Quest record is but I'd guess that's got to be close if not it.   :campfire:

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:  
I just came as close to peeing my pants as a I could have. Laughing so hard. Oh man some rep I'm gonna have around here! Bill I'm sure Tim will chime in too.
As for the 306 I'm hoping we don't have to tell the story for him. We were all so happy for this guy. If I'm not mistaken
Tippit currently is still the reigning champ but we have a new runner up I think. Maybe I'll drop a teaser pic in a bit.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Matty, you know I just had to post that thing!!!
   :readit:        :goldtooth:      

And if he dosnt pipe up soon we will have to try and unfold his story as best we can.....

He's probably still in Anaphylactic Shock from talking to the Taxidermist.....  You want how much $$$$$?!?!?!?
    :laughing:        :laughing:

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
Jay. Congrats on your bear. Super hunt with your camera. Missed being  there with u and the guys this yr. Looks like u have become a longbow guy.
see

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm waiting to hear the story too.  But I'm sure Barry is because that was His stand!  

A 300 pound class Quebec Spring Black Bear is a very respectable bear anywhere but especially in  North Country.  I was lucky enough to take two 300 pounders...309 & 329 pounds by Tom's official reading.  He wouldn't even give me the extra pound to round them off    :)  
tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©