3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016' Trad-Gang Bear Quest "A Successful GREAT TIME" with plenty of BEAR ACtion  (Read 5960 times)

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yes, Congrats Tim and very well deserved.

I was just looking back through some additional pics I took during the week.  I can't help but think of Popeye and Brutus when I look at this one of BowDoc and Gary.

>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff John  :smileystooges:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Ben and Tim!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by jsweka:
Yes, Congrats Tim and very well deserved.

I was just looking back through some additional pics I took during the week.  I can't help but think of Popeye and Brutus when I look at this one of BowDoc and Gary.

:laughing:    :laughing:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Congrats Ben and Tim!
Thanks Charlie   :thumbsup:

Offline JPF71

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by 23feetupandhappy:
An hour later Matty, John and I were headed back across the lake to find my bear....

It didn't take us long and as I was trying to find my way to where I thought he fell Matt said " Hes right in front of you " sure enough, he was right in front of me, he hadn't gone as far as I thought.
Maybe 35 or 40 yards from the shot.....

John had baited this sit in the a.m. and on the boat ride across the lake I learned that I had received the Platinum Baiting Package at no extra charge....
It included extra Attractant Spray, a big bucket of Sweets and full service drag out crew     :thumbsup:        

Know it was time to relax......
We had about 45 min before Ginger/Gary would be done hunting so we just hung out on the lake waiting for dark so we could pick him up....
We seen Loons, a doe swimming across the lake going from island to island and then to shore.....
It was a beautiful evening shared with a couple of great guys!

Captain Matty, Glad you were a part of the Platinum Package and as Jim Craig said on The Man From Snowy River  " A man can be hard to find in the moutains, Your welcome at my fire anytime "    :thumbsup:    

Chillin on the lake waiting for dark/Ginger  ....

Offline JPF71

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Ben,
Thanks for including me in your posts.  It really was an honor to be a part of your hunt. Meeting you and everyone else in camp was such a great experience.

Want to thank Tom for all his hard work that made such a great hunt possible and Bowdoc for just being bowdoc.  Also, I would never have had the opportunity to experience such a great time if Gary Hall of D&M Custom Arrows hadn't called me and asked if I was interested in a traditional only black bear hunt in Quebec.  The  answer I gave is not suitable for posting.

Black bear is my favorite big game to hunt.  With that in mind, I had my first traditional bowhunting big game kill hunting black bear in remote Quebec Canada at Bear Quest's 10th Anniversary.  In addition to that, I met Fred Eichler and drove up to the hunt with Rod Jenkins.  Who could imagine anything better?

Again, thanks to everyone.   Tom, Bowdoc, Gary, Rod (it was a long ride up), Paul (the ride home was great.  Thanks. You deserve every one of those 305.6lbs. Go Red Bull!!!), Sweka (with respect),  Matty (your positivity is contagious), Ben (thanks again for the bear quest 10 plaque), Travis (my wife thought the Ahab thing was spot on.  Really? Am I that bad sometimes?), Tim (thanks for the great talk and the CD's), Brian (still working on the new gap, thanks. You are a great shot. The bears that came in were lucky you set your standard high or they'd be on a grill right now) and Brian.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Hi John, so glad you posted! It was a privilege & pleasure sharing camp with you! Congrats on your bear, well done!   :clapper:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Here ya go John, Way to get the week started off in the right direction and CONGRTATS on your first Trad Harvest   :thumbsup:  

Oh, and welcome to Trad-Gang   :archer:

Offline JPF71

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, Ben and Travis.  

Travis, researched a little Moby Dick.

"Swerve me?  The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run"  Captain Ahab.

That line pretty much sums up my approach to everything in life  and especially hunting/archery.  You're a wise man, Travis.

It's great to be a new member of Trad Gang.  Thanks again for the great week.

All the best, Jon.

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
Jon,
   Glad to see you joined on Trad-gang and THANKS for the note you sent.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Jon!
Welcome aboard! You'll love it here!   :wavey:    :wavey:

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jon's arsenal of knives sure came in handy in the bear processing!!!

Now where the heck is Paul and the story of the big bear?  I don't want to have to tell a 3rd person's version of it.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Tim Nuss

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I hope everyone will take the time to wish "Tom Phillips" A Very Happy Birthday. Toms birthday is on 07/06/2016.
 Happy Birthday Tom and Thanks again for all of the hard work that you put into each and every Bear Quest.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Compton Member

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
You done good Jon....  :goldtooth:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by jsweka:
Jon's arsenal of knives sure came in handy in the bear processing!!!

Now where the heck is Paul and the story of the big bear?  I don't want to have to tell a 3rd person's version of it.
I'm waiting in the wings with pics to compliment his story but I think oll Paul must be tied up   :readit:

Here's a teaser.......
Look at the strain on that face, just hide and skull in that bag folks   :clapper:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Tim Nuss:
I hope everyone will take the time to wish "Tom Phillips" A Very Happy Birthday. Toms birthday is on 07/06/2016.
 Happy Birthday Tom and Thanks again for all of the hard work that you put into each and every Bear Quest.
Happy Birthday Tom!

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Happy Birthday Tom.
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
Tommy, Happy Birthday!    :clapper:   I hope I look half as good as you when I get to be your age!   :biglaugh:  

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tom......have a good Birthday......Hope to see you at Denton Hill!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©