3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016' Trad-Gang Bear Quest "A Successful GREAT TIME" with plenty of BEAR ACtion  (Read 5962 times)

Offline JPF71

• Trad Bowhunter
Happy Birthday, Tom.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Enjoy your birthday they will start to come too soon.  :readit:    :wavey:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
After 24hr of travel we made camp. We drew stands from a hat and before I knew it we were headed across a resivor in a little boat. First night on the stand I was messing around with my thermocell and just fidgeting around, excited to be bear hunting the first time. Right before dark a young bear circles in from behind me and sniffed the air. He never came into the bait. I assume it smelled me and I left the stand excited and ready to hear what everyone else saw. The second night was the same thing. I had no action till right before dark. But this time it was a sow and three cubs. The sow caught wind of me and the Cubs went up a tree about 20 yards from my stand. She circled me doing mock charges and letting me know she didn't want me there. By this time I could hear the boat come in to get me,but I wasn't about to get down because she was on the opposite side of me from her cubs. The light faded and I sat there thinking what should I do. I turned on my head lamp and looked to see if I could see her eyes. I keen the Cubs were still up the tree because I could hear the occasional piece of bark hitting branches as it fell from the top of the tree. Finally I heard her growl from the side that the Cubs were on I couldn't see her with head lamp so I decided to make a break for the boat. As I rode back in the boat I wondered why I wasn't more intimidated by the situation. The third night I was sitting in the stand with my rain gear waiting for the storm clouds I could see over my shoulder to come in and cool me off. I looked to the right and and saw a bear about 20 yards off where I had first seen the sow the previous night the bear seemed hesitant and didn't want to come in. He circled behind me and I realized that he was probably the bear from the first night. As I turned to see if he would pop out on the other side of me I caught a glimpse of another bear coming down a trail in front of me. The instant I saw him I knew he was a shooter. He poked his head in the barrel walked past it to check for the other bear then went in to eat. As soon as he got his head in the barrel I let one rip. I saw the nocturnal disappear into the black of his coat and he took off like a freight train, smashing everything in his path. As I sat trying to calm my nerves I could see the bright red blood on my bright white D&M custom arrows and I new the deed was done. The low guttural sound of the death moan came quickly after but I already knew. The rain began to fall and I head down to wait for the boat. I will never forget that night and sitting there watching the Lightning streak across the sky knowing I had just made my first trad kill.
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff Paul, and again - Congratulations    :clapper:

Now carry on with the rest of the story!!!!!!
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Paul!   :campfire:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:clapper:    :clapper:  It's an amazing feeling!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
Thanks for the Birthday wishes guy.Remember "The Older we get the Better we were"  !!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Paul   :clapper:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for the blank post. The bear green score was over 20" so it will defiantly make P&Y!
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats on that one! Need some pics of the bruiser    :pray:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I don't have many picture of it myself but I bet some of my new friends from camp could post some.....
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline JPF71

• Trad Bowhunter
I have some pictures, Paul.  I'll post them as soon as I figure out how.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Here ya go Pual       :thumbsup:

n

Congrats again!!!!
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Paul, Congratulations!  :clapper:  There are more pics of this beautiful bear folks. Let's see them!   :goldtooth:

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:  
Awesome! Just had a thought. I wonder if Paul fell asleep in his stand. Started snoring and this bruiser saw it as a threat. So he came in to kill Paul. But the opposite happened. Hmmm bear calls...??

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
That's a dandy! Congrats!

God Bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Matty's right.  Paul can definitely snore.  He might even rival Gary.

Here's a few more pics of Paul's bear I took.

This is the successful tracking crew upon return.  That little boat was riding pretty low in the water.

Now this is the look of a happy bear hunter.

Another hero pic.

Focusing on the D&M arrow that brought down the bruin (i.e. a little free advertising for Gary).

We made Paul haul that beast from the scale to the skinning table himself.  He struggled a bit, but who wouldn't.

There's not much I need to say about this pic other than BowDoc said it was the biggest he'd ever seen.

>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations on a great bear!  Even better is it's your first trad kill and P&Y to boot!

I like the pic of the boat with the front riding awfully low in the water...that is always a good sign.   :thumbsup:

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm pretty sure I was awake the whole time matty because I kept knocking my arrow off my bow and having to get down and retrieve it. By the fourth time it fell I told myself I would absolutely not get down to get it so I nocked a different arrow but it was eating away at me that it was sitting there under me. I devised a plan and got out my spare tow rope and tried to lasooe it but I couldn't get it to tighten without sliding over the fletchings and off the arrow. I got the lassoe back on the arrow and was able to let the tow rope wrap around the corner of the climbing sticks this made a L shape in the rope and allowed me to tighten the rope by pulling to the side instead of up.  I guess the reason for telling this story is to point out that I have no dreams that I am a great hunter I just happened to be blessed that day. I didn't put in more time than anyone else or sit stiller than anyone else or even pass up smaller bears. I just happened to have a P&Y class bear be the first one to my bait bucket.  Yes it was kinda like winning the lotto but the real prize I brought home was the experience of the trip. The  time spent getting to know some new people and getting to know myself better. I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did because I would trade my bear for the experience any day.
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©