3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2016' Trad-Gang Bear Quest "A Successful GREAT TIME" with plenty of BEAR ACtion  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Only thing I can share john is if the bear seems like it has short legs and or if they have 55 gallon drums with bait in them and the bears back is with the top ring of the barrel it's a good one!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by jsweka:
Judging bear size.....As close as Tom told me the stands are to the bait, they'll all look big to me.
I think I'll have are hard time controlling my heart rate with a bear within spitting distance   :scared:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I went my first time last June.......trust me, you'll know if you want to shoot. Just be calm and let it all happen. The shots are close and it is "EXCITING".....!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by ron w:
I went my first time last June.......trust me, you'll know if you want to shoot. Just be calm and let it all happen. The shots are close and it is "EXCITING".....!!!!
I hope so Ron!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That's my arrow in the top right of the top pic to give you an idea of how close the shot can be. You can gage the size by using the barrel as in the second picture.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
That's close Sean!!!! Sweet!

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm excited for this hunt! I'm leaving in a couple weeks to hunt hogs and when I get back I'll be getting ready for this trip!
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Sean B:
That's my arrow in the top right of the top pic to give you an idea of how close the shot can be. You can gage the size by using the barrel as in the second picture.
Wow, that broad head really puts it into perspective   :eek:

Whats your estimate on the weight of that bear Sean?

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by 23feetupandhappy:

Wow, that broad head really puts it into perspective    :eek:  

Whats your estimate on the weight of that bear Sean? [/b]
Id guess that bear at around 200 to 225. It was in front of me for a good 20 mins. I held off because it was Saturday evening. I had a smaller bear come in about an hour after this
one.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Holding off on a bear that close....I don't think I could do it even if it was the first hour of the first evening of the hunt.  But I also have never killed a bear.  We'll see.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Holding off on a bear that close....I don't think I could do it even if it was the first hour of the first evening of the hunt.  But I also have never killed a bear.  We'll see.
I didn't. I shot mine first evening second hour   :eek:
This guys had me so petrified about the Bears I couldn't wait to get out of the stand...   :biglaugh:
Looking forward to this upcoming hunt!!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well.....I saw 11 different Bears in 3 days. By Monday I had a bear with a white blase and brown in his muzzle that went up to his brows show up. I still waited for about 20 mins before I took him. I couldnt hold off any longer!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I shot my boar the first night out......got there at 4:30 and shot him at 7:30. He came in 3 times and I didn't move.......the 4th time I was ready for him and I let him have it. Every time he came in he looked right up at me.......at 6-7 yards.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Well.....I saw 11 different Bears in 3 days. By Monday I had a bear with a white blase and brown in his muzzle that went up to his brows show up. I still waited for about 20 mins before I took him. I couldnt hold off any longer!!
Lol
I think I could pick one that looked good to me out of 11   :goldtooth:

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Question for you guys that have been on previous Bear Quests....With that many bears that close, how many extra pairs of skivvies do you recommend I bring to camp?
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That was an awesome year. Out of 10 hunters, 7 of us took home bears and all 10 had multiple shot opertunaties. I had a ton of laughs, and made some good friends. I wish that I was able to make more of them through the years.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Question for you guys that have been on previous Bear Quests....With that many bears that close, how many extra pairs of skivvies do you recommend I bring to camp?
It should be on Toms mail out packet...2, he includes a hand wash laundry service!!   :saywhat:
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
I really need to get back there.Came close but I waited too long but I will return.Kip

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
This guy had enough stories for three weeks.

These two guys can also have stories for about three weeks.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
On my first, everyone had multiple shot opportunities. And there were 12 of us I think. Maybe more. Uncle Barry took his camera out every night. If I remember right On one of his hunts he recorded eleven bears.    :eek:  
There's some really funny stories on some of the past BQ threads. I'm gonna bring a 10' long poky stick into the stand with me. Or just someone a lot slower than me whom I can out run!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©