3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wild Things update for summer 2015  (Read 398 times)

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
Wild Things update for summer 2015
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
I’ve got a whole bunch of Wild Things updates to share today, hog hunters please take a minute to read this.

First off, Andrew is back from a long trip where he was without phone or email. He still owes a few replies on the email front, but he also got one voicemail that was garbled and he can’t make out a name/number to call back. If you were expecting a return call from him, it might be a good time to give him another call. 803.943.8818.

BOOKINGS. I feel like I owe this next heads up to my fellow tradgangers.  After having a booth at Compton Rendezvous last month, bookings started coming in much earlier than usual. There are already as many bookings for next season as there were total last season.  Next month there will be a booth at Great Lakes Longbow Invitational and an ad running in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. If any tradgangers are planning on doing a trip in 2015/2016 please reach out to Andrew to confirm your dates and send your deposit to Mary Beth.  The    SCHEDULE  was updated this morning, and all the contact info is on the    WEBSITE.

With that serious stuff aside, I’ve got two little fun tidbits.

MAP!!! We finally have a great quality aerial map with ALL roads overlaid with most of the key landmarks. This was a bit of an undertaking but the results are very good! If you want a copy of your own please email or PM me so I can build a list before the next order from mytopo, otherwise there will be some community copies in camp for everyone to use. Here is a terribly cell phone picture of a laminated version in bad light. I can't apologize for this image enough, but I assure you the map itself is good!!!

Thanks to Derek for his mytopo.com and gps ninja-ery! (As well as his ability to have his guts shaken out as we drove those 35 miles on the Gator with Wide-Open-Throttle, next time I promise to pack the motrin! )

T shirts! Lots of guys have asked about tshirts over the past couple years so Andrew did a small run of them with original Fa Kow Ee artwork on the back. Nobody over here wants to get in the merchandising business (especially the webmaster who has thwarted adding carts or credit card payments at every turn) but these will be for sale at GLLI, in camp, and at whatever future shows are coming next until they run out. Just want everyone to know they exist in case they are interested.

Thanks Dave!!!

Other than that it's just that quiet time to tune arrows and sharpen broadheads around here. I'll try to keep the schedule as up to date as possible for everyone.
Thom

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wild Things update for summer 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
Good stuff Thom. I'm sure Andrew appreciates all that you do.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
PS, save me a xxl.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
Like the shirt, and I am sure that the map will come in handy for the hunters.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
PM or email me Thom for map info, please. I would like to have one.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
Just when you thought Wild Things couldn't be any better! Got a half a week booked up for last week of March. 4 bunks left if you can hang with the Puerto Rican Outdoorsmen and friends.     :readit:      :campfire:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
Ill be turning 45 in the swamp, man its gonna be good!

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
Like the shirt, and I am sure that the map will come in handy for the hunters.
:thumbsup:

Rick, I've got one XXL set aside for you. Either Elm Hall or Great Lakes Longbow Invitational, wherever I find you.

Bud, I've got you down for a map. Expecting delivery in September so I'll coordinate with you if you want it to go to your house or camp.

Izzy, I celebrated my 40th in camp and I can't imagine a better way to do it! Maybe you can get Andrew to make his BACON STUFFED MEATLOAF for you. We didn't have any leftovers and Harry was sorely disappointed!
Thom

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! We got maps!

Thom, you know I'll be all over the map when I get one in my hands. It will be a welcome tool for us directionally challenged hog hunters.

Of course, the tribe will be needing the new version of our shirt too. Great job!

Tim & Greg always say the Fa Kow Ee need two shirts: One to rip the sleeves off, and a nice one to wear for good.

I'll be in touch. And Thanks Buddy!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©