3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Top 5  (Read 930 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Top 5
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
I made a remark in another thread about 2 members I want to hunt with that would be in my top 5 members to hunt with. I would like to hunt with every member I could but there is still a TOP 5, What is Your TOP 5

CK
Ted Fry
Mickey "The ferret"
Terry Green
Charlie Lamb

Again don't get me wrong, every member on TradGang is Welcome to my hunting camp/woods hopefully I can hunt with lots of members from Here..

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Top 5
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
No way I could even start to pick.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
Guru, I knew this would be hard for any member to do.. But I bet there is some (5) members you would really like to hunt with...

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Wow, I can't pick just 5.  Thats like picking my favorite snowflake.   Everyone brings something different and unique to camp.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
If ya narrowed it down a bit  :help:  Say to 5 Type written single spaced PAGES. Now that I might could do  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

But JUST 5  :banghead:    :banghead:  Can't wrap my gourd around that one  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
I can't think of  5 guys I wouldn't hunt with. 5 I'd most want to hunt with is just impossible.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
Got to think about this, be back in a while.  :help:

Offline GR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
I agree, hard to pick five I wouldn't hunt with. But I think if I could get all five together at the same time, it would be nice to hunt, learn and hear stories from the following.

Roger Rothhaar
Gene Wensel
Barry Wensel
Paul Brunner
Biggie

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
I want to hunt with "Berry" Wensel too! That must be the brother they don't talk about!

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
Guru
Littlefeather
SouthMDShooter
And every other tradganger whose first name in real life is Curt, Curtis, Curtiss, Kurtis, Kurt any other premutation of the name.
Just to get the Curtis Conspriracy in full swing.  :bigsmyl:
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
anyone that can help me be a better hunter.  :)
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Here's my list:  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=directory;d=browse;sorder=1

Seriously...

Charlie Lamb
Ron LaClair
The Wensel brothers
Terry Green
LittleFeather
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Online DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
1. One of the "Old Timers" ..To learn from
2. BeachBowhunter...Local guy
3. A New to Bowhunting member...To help them
   get started
4. KEG...... Local Hunting buddy
5. Redant 60/65...My Mentor in archery and life.
   He's the one that took me hunting when I
   first started. Thanks again Larry for
   everything.
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
That's a real tuff call right there Sal. I'd have a bunch of TOP 5 lists. I've met so many good folks here.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Any body on this site would be a blessing to hunt with, for sure. But the first one that came to mind for me was Mike Mitten. I read a little bit about him when reading about Bart Schleyer. Who would also be on my list. I was realy impressed with Mike. Hopefully im not mistaken but when he was  asked who was his hero or something like that he responded by saying his only hero is Jesus Christ. That really impressed me. This past Sept While I was in Alaska, I stopped at a taxidermy shop to have my bear sealed, It was Fosters Taxidermy, I think. While I was there he had two pictures on the wall that stood out to me right away. The first one was of Bart Schleyer. I asked if he knew Bart and his facial expession just changed, shocked I guess that I asked the question. I could tell that it bothered him a little so I didnt ask all the questions I wanted to but he said that Bart was like a brother to him and worked out of his shop for a long time.The other picture was of Mike Mitten. He said Mike was a great guy. That was a pretty cool moment for me. Anyway I would hunt with just about anybody that shot a recurve or longbow at least once. So feel free to invite.  :)  Take care. Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm going out on the limb here...
True- I don't know most of you guys personally, but would like to hunt with anyone possible.  I could pick my Top 5 and not hurt many feelings for sure: so here it goes.....
The Wensel Brothers- no explanation needed, do they count as 1, 2, or even possibly 3 if they stand real close together?
Ok- I guess I can't pick any others, the list goes through my head and I would want to leave anyone out.  Sign me up with the Wensels first, and then I'll decide after that hunt  :campfire:
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
It's certainty an honor to make any-ones wish list. Quite an honor!

I've been a very fortunate individual in that I've been able to meet and hunt with many archers I've looked up to. I do think that we all need hero's, mentors, and guys we look up to. It keeps us all striving to to do better. It also helps keep us on track in times of need. Like I said, I've hunted with most of those guys I've admired. Some have become great friends and for that I am truly honored.

My top 5 list these days includes the names of guys who are not known in archery ranks, publications, or TV Shows. My favorite archers these days are those fresh to the sport and struggling to overcome obstacles. You guys keep me seeing a fresh outlook through these aging pair of eyes. Your excitment, your struggles, and your victories are all what it's all about!  :thumbsup:   I love all the new guys!!!! My list has got to include more than 5. CK

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
Impossible choice. I've been very, very lucky in that my first hunt was with two of the guys already mentioned (Charlie Lamb & Curtis) plus a couple of guys I'd dreamed of hunting with (Bob Walker, Vance Brewer, Mark Horne) I can't wait for the opportunity to share a camp with any or all of them again. I learnt more from these guys in 4 days than I could've in a lifetime without them.
Unfortunately my top 5 dream hunting 'Team' involves mainly folks that were dead a long time before I was born (Jim Bridger, Saxton Pope, Art Young, Ishi, etc...)
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
It would be a tough if not an impossible choice. There is really no one here I wouldn't want to hunt with! I do know that I would love to have Gene and Barry hunt with me on my property here in IN, just to learn from them what I do wrong! LOL!!
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
I believe every member of TG that I've met would be a swell companion on any hunt. Pleased to say that I've shared hunting camps with all but the Ferret from your list. And even spent time with Mickey at the MOJam gathering - talking bows, eating HDFH and shooting selfbows. Hope to keep the circle of great friends growing.

You can draw names from the TG hat and pick the next 5 for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©