3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Original Schafer limbs blow up  (Read 274 times)

Offline BOBBO NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
Original Schafer limbs blow up
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
I just got these limbs back from Rich Lopez, He put new tips on for me because I broke one of the tips. I was excited he was able to fix them. But after about 12 shots the limb gave way when I was at full draw. It broke right through the limb were the the fade outs taper from the riser to the thin part of the limb. What a sound that made. I will never find limbs from Paul with realtree under the glass again.  I also had Schulz Throphy Hunter blow out on me to a few years ago. That one really hurt.

Any of you Paul lovers have an extra set limbs you want to sell let me know. I like camo.

Robert

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Original Schafer limbs blow up
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
Robert............

New limb tips could not cause the limb to fail as you described. It was just time for them to blow. I have repaired limb de-lams on a number of bows and it is always a crap shoot but I have saved a few old bows to shoot another day.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you with another set of limbs

Good Luck

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
You did well with those limbs, they are over 23 years old! Just a suggestion, you might look for a set of black paul limbs and put tree bark limb decals on them?!?

Offline BOBBO NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Correct, the tips had nothing to do with the limbs going. They were just old and tired.

Robert

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
Yep! I had a couple bows blow up on me. It really stinks, but it just happens from time to time! If the bow was over 20yrs old, I would be sad that it blew, but happy it had the life it did!

Hope you find a new set of limbs!

Bisch

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
I feel for your loss.   Regretfully, it happens every once in a while, especially with older equipment.    I once bought 2 sets of old Bear TD limbs from a guy.   One set looked absolutely mint, the other set looked terrible.    Which ones broke?  The set that looked mint, the crappy looking set lasted a long time and eventually I sold them with an old riser.   You just never know.   Good luck with finding your replacements.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©