3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: usps service  (Read 561 times)

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
usps service
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Traded bows with another trade ganger, I shipped his bow on 7/29 about noon from ohio to Washington state. Just got an email from him that the bow arrived undamaged today 7/31. wow. The gentleman I traded with used fed ex paid 2.5 times the rate $100 les insurance and the bow is scheduled to arrive Tuesday (6 days) it just left Washington last night

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: usps service
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
they do seem to be getting alot faster, noticed this on the last 6-7 items shipped..
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
I have always had, knock on wood, good luck with USPS Priority Mail.  Yes I have had a couple items delayed on occasion, showing up a week or two late, but they always arrive undamaged.  They do pretty well if you inundate them with online complaints when stuff like that happens LOL.  So far so good.  It also pays to become friends with your mailman or woman.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
I'm generally high on the USPS. However, I anxiously await a Heritage that was supposed to arrive today.... but didn't.

I haven't had a bow damaged in the mail since about 1974 with a B-Mag Bear TD. Those bows were $100 new in those days.

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
Fingers crossed.  I had a bow shipped USPS yesterday from Idaho.  It's expected to arrive tomorrow at my home in Pennsylvania... knock on wood...
-EVG

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
It all depends where its going and where it came from. Coming from down south or out east will usually take a day longer for me to get my package here in wi. than the package i ship there. its actually happening again now, traded bows with a fella in newyork, sent bows the same day, according to tracking, both were due today, his is out for delivery, mine is still in kentucky, hopefully tomorrow.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
I recently had a bow shipped to me usps, and all went very well.
Sam

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
I'm generally high on the USPS. However, I anxiously await a Heritage that was supposed to arrive today.... but didn't.

It's worth the wait Roy.   :D  

Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.  :pray:
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »
The two day priority mail is only way to go. I went to ship a bow regular post and was told it would take a week before it left Phx, AZ. I mentioned the Pony Express and was given one is of those "if looks could kill looks". It was suggested I use Priority Mail at twice the cost. It was worth it as bow got to Ct. In two days. It did not end up in the "dead package warehouse".

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
USPS has been good to me in the past as well. I just shipped a bow today, but it was after 5 pm. Worried that the PO was closed, I went to fed ex to ship, and was told it wasn't going to go out until Monday! Should've just waited until tomarrow I guess.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
They have they're good days...

I bought a bow on *bay on a Friday and had it on Monday...from Washington state to MI.

But it can take a week to get something from Wisconsin just across the lake   :dunno:

Online Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
They are getting faster. I just shipped 17 archery sets to Washington state from Illinois. It used to take 3 or 4 days Priority. It only took 2 days this time.

Their insurance is very high, but then again, I've never had to collect on it.

Offline Amberjack

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
+1 for the Postal Service.
They're all I use anymore.  

Helps that I know my postmaster and letter carrier but for the price the service can't be beat.

Jack
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" Gen 27:3
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->>>

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
I use USPS exclusively,
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 06:22:00 AM »
They are doing a great job for us as well, they are not perfect yet but we are happy
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
I have always got great service from USPS.
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
I'm generally happy with USPS as well. In all the years I've been buying/selling bows I've only had one real bad experience when a bow I shipped to Kentucky arrived broken. Right now the bow I sent to mooskat which was sent Priority 2 Day mail and was suppose to arrive in Wisconsin yesterday is delayed....and of all places, KENTUCKY!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
I've always had good outcomes with USPS. Just got an item off Amazon in 2 days from Utah.  I have recently been getting several items from Amazon and it is interesting to review your tracking information and see how fast (most of the time) things move through the system.  I checked tracking on a pair of trail running shoes I ordered at about 3:30 yesterday.  It was shipped within the hour, left Louisville -KY before 7:00pm, was in Indianapolis by 10;00pm, in an Illinois sorting facility by 1:00 am this morning and is now at local facility at 3:30am.  I'm suspecting it will be out for delivery with todays mail or Monday - Wow!
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
I just received a bow in the mail -USPS- and the box almost had ripped in half in the dead center. I would attribute this to weak cardboard. The shipper wrapped it like a mummy in bubble wrap so all is well.

Pack bows in good cardboard and the USPS will do well. Priority packages do get handled by several folks and in order for the shipping to go quickly and smoothly, they probably get tossed a few times, also. Mail will shift while being transported, as well.

Appliance boxes obtained from the local home centers (refrigerator) do very well in making your own.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
I recently had a shipment from Indiana coming to Ohio. It went to Spokane and then to Pa. Needless to say it didn't get here when it was supposed to.
Denny

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©