3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lets talk LW strap on Tree stands.  (Read 677 times)

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lets talk LW strap on Tree stands.
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
Though I don't hunt As often from a tree now, I held onto my LOC-ON light stand, it weighs about 7#, and with the LW sticks it brings it up to about 10-12#. I strap it all together and attach my pack to it. I have found that I  can get around pretty easy while stalking and, if I find a good ambush spot, get up into a tree at 8-10 feet high. Small seat and platform but that's O.K.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
ive pretty much went with just the LW hang ons and have found for me, the assault to be perfect. I have 6 assaults and a LW climber that gets very little use. The early original gorilla silverback aluminum stands were great stands but out of production, ive had a lot of different stands but over the years have sold or had them stolen and replaced with usa made LW's   I had a couple china ones and the difference was noticble. I do like the looks of the XOP stands though, that may be my next one to try
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
I, too, have a LW hand climber and I am planning on buying an Alpha hang on + sticks to use this fall.

I don't know if customer service matters to you, but it matters to me, and in my experience, the guys at Lone Wolf are awesome.  I called them last year to order some replacement parts for my hand climber and spoke to Jared, who is one of the owners of the company… he was extremely helpful and made sure I had everything I needed.  I called back a few weeks later to get some help with a creak that had developed after setting up on a crooked tree, and their sales guy (Dan) spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me helping me troubleshoot and fix the issue.  So, not only do they have great products, but they also care about their customers.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Steve,  I just purchased an XOP Aur Raid and I'm VERY happy with it.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©