3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why are Black Widow PCH's most common up for sale?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Why are Black Widow PCH's most common up for sale?
« on: August 01, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
To be clear I am not trying to start a debate, not making statement pro or con toward BW, or implying anything.  Over time I have become a fan of BW and owe a PA II (Thanks to St. JUDES Auction).  We can all agree they are fine bows.

Question is that in the last several months on WidowWall, our classified and especially another archery classifieds I see more PCH's for sale than other models.  Some models rarely come up, other somewhat regularly but most often in my opinion is the PCH.

Why???  Due to shorter riser, smaller sight window, shorter overall length not as smooth or forgiving, best seller new or what?  I talked to few few people at Compton who are die hard BW fans but they felt PCH was harder you shoot.

Just curious what are people opinions on the PCH compared to the PSA or others.  If I was ordering one today it would be a PSA.

Maybe i should add the question, if you have one why did you choose a PCH over another model. Thanks
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why are Black Widow PCH's most common up for sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
Widow owners are a curious bunch to start. Guys change their widows like they change their underwear!!  Many sell them to just buy another of a different wood combo. That's pretty much what I did. I love my PCHs and my KBs....and my PSR...and my.....
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Amberjack

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
Since every bow owner (BW or not) is an individual, I'm not sure you can draw any conclusions at all from a subjective review of a few classified sites.

Now if Roger or Toby were to post that there was a PCH recall because of cracked risers or something like that, then there'd be something to go on.

I think a lot of us buy and sell bows quite a bit, because we like em and it's fun.  Maybe you're seeing more PCHs than other BWs because they sell more of that model.  I have no idea, but I do have a PCH X (Osage) coming my way from Nixa in a few days.  I expect I'll absolutely love it, mainly because I designed it!  ;-)

Jack
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" Gen 27:3
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->>>

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
Mine won't be for sale....
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
I don't have any actual numbers, but my thought would be the PCH was/is a very popular model. Maybe more were sold, so there are more available on the used market?

Mine isn't going anywhere.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
I love my PCH short riser with longer limbs my bow measures 60" makes one smooth draw.  As to why they come up more often, I'm not sure either unless like said above guys are trying them out to figure out the combination they like.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
I think it is the same as other popular bows, I could name a few but I won't that I see a lot.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Online beemann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
Heres my theory .. I think in the quest for shorter and shorter bows guys are at times going to short. I started shooting 62" MA'S and thats all I shot for 20 years.  Then I went to a 60" psa after that I had to have a 58 inch pch.. I struggled with the pch. but eventually got to where I could shoot it very well.  The eye opener for me is when I go back to a 62 inch bow it is almost effortless and my shooting is kicked up a notch less bad shots tighter groups etc..  I draw 30 inches  and I wish I would have went with a 60 inch pch.  The guys at black widow suggested that length  when I ordered but I had to go 58..  Mines not for sale either.  I just think some guys go 54 and 56 inches and when they get em they are a little disappointed  nothing against black widow sometimes we just go  a little to far one way ..  just my two cents.  And I may be completely off..

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
"Us vs Them"

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
I love my PCHV. Doesn't mean I won't sell it! Like stated before there are many reason people sell them normally doesn't mean they don't like them.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Have one that I am very pleased with
Terry
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Might be the same reason you see more Toyota Camry for sale, there were more of them sold to begin with them other models of Toyota's, but that's just a guess
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
Love my PCH, it is my go to bow.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Won't be selling mine. I've got rid of a lot of good bows. But I'll keep my PCH and PLX.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Straitshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
Probably for many reasons some of which have been touched on already. It wasn't that many years ago that the PCH was a new model for BW and probably lots of guys jumped at the opportunity to get a short version of the BW recurve. It was primarily designed for tight hunting situations where a short bow would be advantageous. They are not designed to be your primary bow for tournament shooting. Longer bows are more suited for tournament shooting. I think some guys buy thinking a bow will suit them for both hunting, tournaments, and everyday shooting. Please understand I am not knocking short bows because I believe they have their intended use and I have shot some good ones. However, it has been my experience that they are a bit more touchy when tuning and not as forgiving when making little mistakes in shooting form as longer bows are. I believe to buy a short bow to fit and fill all your shooting needs may be a mistake that some guys make and when the short bow doesn't meet up to their expectations for all their shooting needs it gets put up for sale. The PCH is a great bow and though I don't have one I would like too but it would not be my first choice for a do everything bow or my only bow unless it is the longest one they make. I think they make one 60" long. I am sure there will be some who will not agree but it is just my observation.
A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
I have a friend that has a 58" with the lower grip, it is a fantastic bow for someone with a 28" or shorter draw that likes to cant the bow a little.  He bought it used, the person that sold it, got a longer Widow for his long draw.  My wife thinks the KB would be her perfect bow, she thinks that maybe she can drop a few pounds and not lose performance over the bow she has. My buddy is not helping, he should be a BW salesman.

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 09:16:00 AM »
Good points earlier on, maybe more were sold so there are more out their to resell.  For me I have had many widows and sold the PCHs the small difference in length vs the PSA wasnt worth to to me for a small sight picture and not as smooth a feel of the draw cycle.  My opinion YMMV.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
They make a lot of them and they are valuable. Like a desirable car. People buy and sell them. Nothing more to it than that.
As far as being considered a short bow, I don't know if a 60" PCH falls into that classification. The riser is 13". on a 60" bow that is a lot of working limb. A 60" recurve isn't a short bow.
The old staple bear grizzly has been 58" for 60 years and I never heard anyone call it short.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©