3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ????? for climbing stick users  (Read 346 times)

Offline DC

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
????? for climbing stick users
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
I've always used a climbing stand and I just purchased a hang-on with climbing sticks. What's the most efficient way to get each section up as you go. Do you use multiple pull ropes? Thanks for any advice.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ????? for climbing stick users
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
If they all connect together and aren't of the Lone Wolf variety,I've found the best way is to assemble against the base of the tree and just stand it up and strap it to the tree as you climb.If you have a second person to help it's really very easy......I actually do most of mine by myself and still don't really have any problem.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
North Star climbing sticks work for me.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
I use the Lone Wolf and I usually set either one or two sections from the ground. The other sections I sling over my shoulder by the strap and head up the tree with my stand on my back and a pull rope tied to my belt with my bow attached at the other end. I can usually be 15-20ft off the ground, stand set and ready in less than five minutes this way.
Jack Shanks

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
I have a Lone Wolf and do what Jack does.

Offline DC

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
You don't worry about falling with the other sticks and stand on your back? I have an assault and the Lone Wolf sticks. I guess I just need to try it and see how it goes.  Thanks

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
I put mine together on the ground then stand the whole thing up. I like to use a ratchet strap on the top of the first section and on the very top also. I don't like to mess around with the kind of strap's that come with most of them. I also put a screw in tree step on the tree about a foot or two from the bottom to keep the stick from sliding down at all.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
DC, I have the LW sticks and have the same problem.  I set the 1st two sticks on the tree from the ground.  I think it's kind of a pain to carry the next two sets up the tree along with my stand and fanny pack.  I'm looking into someway of securing them to my belt on the way up.  Other than that I love them.  I use four sticks to get about 18-20 ft.  That sound about right?

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Sounds about right to me.They say 16' with a set of 3,but I use the set of 4 and can easily be 20'.Just depends on how far apart you want to step between sections.

I also strap on the first 2 from the ground,then sling the other 2 over my shoulder.Like stated above,you can have a stand in place completely in about 5 minutes.......dang near as fast,if not faster,than a climber.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©