3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arizona late season mule deer help  (Read 303 times)

Offline MAW

• Trad Bowhunter
Arizona late season mule deer help
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Does anyone local to Arizona's unit 27 have any experience hunting mulies in the Blue River area in the south east part of this unit? A friend and I are thinking about giving it a try and I have some general questions I would love to run by someone who knows the area. If anyone is willing to share some general info, please PM me. Also know that as a life long Texan, I present almost no threat to actually killing a deer, as much as I'd like to. Just want to be in the hunt and have a chance, microscopic as it may be. Any info or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks guys

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arizona late season mule deer help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
It's been years since I hunted around there, but it was a blast when I was in there with my dad. are you looking at the December hunt or the January?
"There's only two things an arrow wants to do, it wants to fly and it wants to hit its target. It's in its very nature. Don't over think it."

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
Why not contact the AZ. Game and Fish Dept. and get in touch with the wildlife biologist over the area? He will probably know more about the area and the deer in it than anyone else you can talk to.

Offline MAW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
We were thinking about the January hunt. The biologist over the area has been very helpful but was hoping a fellow tradganger had been in there recently and could give his perspective on it.

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
I'll talk to some of my buddies and see if anyone's been there recently.
"There's only two things an arrow wants to do, it wants to fly and it wants to hit its target. It's in its very nature. Don't over think it."

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
No one I know has been the that unit in several Yeats. They all like the area it was just gas cost to drive there that keeps them closer to home. Sorry I wasnt any help. Though be sure to look into a havalina tag for that area in January as well as deer.

Offline TWP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
MAW,

I will be hunting 27 this January myself. I live in San Angelo and will be taking at least one scouting trip this Dec also. If you want, shoot me a message and we can compare notes if nothing else. I've hunted Mulies in NM and CO, and will be hunting them again in September in Idaho. I'm no expert, but I have a good time.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©