3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question about serving preference  (Read 352 times)

Offline Slimpikins

• Trad Bowhunter
Question about serving preference
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
I was wondering if any of you have a preference between  thicker or thinner serving on your strings. It never has really occurred to me that this could be a difference as I have been shooting the same 3 or 4 strings I made several years ago with the same type of serving. Up until here recently I have shot the same fitting nocks, and now I have gone to the Bohning Classic Index nocks for a more primitive look on my river cane shafts. They are too loose on the serving I have now, and I was wondering if anyone has a preference for a thicker serving over a thinner-served string???

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question about serving preference
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
I like the .021 Braided serving. Thick and tough, should help with loose nocks.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
I use the size serving that gives the proper nock fit.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »
I serve mine to fit my nocks and have a few different diameters of serving just for that purpose.Bohning Classic nocks do have a larger throat then most all of your carbon or push-in nocks.I would change the serving or change the nocks to one that fits closer to the other nocks you already have.What kind of string and how many strands are you shooting?There are so many different strings and servings these days.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I like whatever size makes my nock-fit correct. For both the bows I am currently using, I have 14 strand D97 strings with Halo.024 serving.

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©