3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: skunk  (Read 1362 times)

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: skunk
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Ok, Thanks for input on a smelly subject, my dog is not the sharpest tool in the shed has got it in the face 4 times, my friends dog got a direct one in the mouth.I tried the traps did not work, maybe i have the Einstien of skunks or its just smarter than me but I found its egress point and will donate an arrow to end the stench.What do you do to get close to the trap w/ a live skunk in it anyway?

Offline Joey Ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
My dogs killed a skunk the other night. Drug it up to my garage. The smell filled my house. My wife asks, "do you think tomato juice would get rid of the smell on the dogs". I said, "I think it'd be easier for me to get rid of the dogs, then use the tomato juice to finish off that Vodka bottle!".   :readit:    :p
Joey Ward

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
Kurt; if we're talking cage trap, you may want to wrap some cardboard and tape around it to make it somewhat solid.  Leave enough space to see what you caught easily, and allow the trap parts to move freely.  In any event, you can generally approach a skunk slowly and watch his body language.  If he gets his tail up or starts stomping, stop and wait for him to calm down.  I don't recommend trying an arrow at point blank, either.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
yep. if in a cage trap just walk up easy and cover with a towel or blanket. Once covered you can pick em up and do whatever. Hual em out to the hills and open the cage and prop open and walk away taking the cover with you as you go. He'll look around abit then waddel off. I do it often and have never been sprayed or sprayed at....nock on wood  ;)

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »
skunk skin hat with tail...COOL!

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
In a land where Sage Hen mortality is always an issue, one less egg sucker is a good thing.

Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
Great Cover Scent  :scared:    :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©