3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bigg Foot Bows ?  (Read 946 times)

Offline BowDiddle

• Trad Bowhunter
Bigg Foot Bows ?
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Who has experience with these bows?

I have a friend who has one. Nice looking bow. It's a ILF recurve static tip something or another. I can tell it shoots real fast by watching him shoot it, but it's to heavy a draw for me to shoot.

Gracias de antemano

Pat

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bigg Foot Bows ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
Kirk's bows are very nice.  Not just excellent wood choices but quality build and much attention to performance.  My Sasquatch recurve was one of the best shooting bows I've owned.

I killed my biggest "traditional" buck just a few months after receiving it.  The bow and buck are pictured in my avatar.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I have had his hybrid and liked it a lot, sold it when I was short on $. Also have a Stealth model and it really shoots and performs well. I currently have his SS recurve with G-10 I-beam for extra mass/stiffness and really like it. She is really quick and VERY stable. I also have a set of SS ILF limbs on order and anxiously await there arrival. Love working with Kirk, he listens to you and adds recommendations you should listen to. His attention to detail and getting the most performance out of a shootable bow is what he shines at. They don't look to bad either. Yeah I like and recommend his bows.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
I like hear more about the G-10 material ..
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Bowheadhunter, go over to bigfootbows.com and click on bowyers notes and scroll down to  Ibeam/G10.

As I understand it it is a heavy extremely strong material used as an I-beam to strengthen riser and add mass.

Offline PistolPete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
The top of the list! As fast as the fastest, and my Sasquatch longbow shoots unbelievably well. I've shot a lot of big-money bows, and Kirk's are better than all of them. I can't praise him enough.

Pete

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
I've bought and sold more different bows than I can remember, sold them all but one, Sasquatch with hybrid limbs...very fast, stable, totally dead in the hand and very quiet, I was at the Muzzy shoot this weekend and had a bunch of guys comment on how quiet the bow was.

Offline Notenuftime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
I've had my Flatliner longbow for about 8 months or so and it is by far the best bow I've shot. In my 15+ years of shooting traditional equipment I've never shot a bow that performs like Kirk's bows. My first exposure to Bigfoot was through a fellow Kirk got me in touch with that lived close by. He handed me his Sasquatch and his arrows and I knew it was super quiet, smooth and very accurate but I wasn't that impressed with the speed of the bow. Seemed pretty close to my R/D bow that I had been shooting for many years. I was only after Dave had me shoot his arrow out of my bow that the light bulb went on. My bow was 2 or 3 pounds heavier and his arrows dropped like a rock out of my bow. I was hitting at least 12" low! Here Dave is a big fan of heavy arrows and those logs he was shooting were something like 12 or 13 GPP and I was shooting about 8 GPP out my bow.
Forget using the normal spine calculators with Kirk's bows as well. He puts such performance into his limbs you'll end up shooting a much stiffer arrow than what you think you should.
The performance is fantastic but not at the expense of comfort. His bows are super smooth and he builds them to your draw length so as he puts it, "nothing is left on the table".
You will not be disappointed with any of Kirk's bows.

Offline ejhorstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 01:54:00 AM »
The custom bow experience you get from Kirk is second to none, he really works with you to make the bow you want. Following the aesthetics of design, you also get a real performer; I have a Sasquatch LB and it is one of the smoothest drawing and on point shooting bows I have laid hands on. IMO it will not be a waste of time to at least get Kirk on the phone and bow talk a bit and see what you come up with. Pic is my Sas LB, mac ebony riser with bubinga I beam.  

Offline Fishcarver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »
I bought one of Kirks bows about a year ago after researching many bowyers across the Internet. Kirk seemed to be the most knowledgable person about the energy mechanics of a good bow, not to mention beautiful craftmenship. I own the Sasquatch SS takedown and was amazed at how light this bow is and yet it dead in the hand when I shoot.  This is the first year that I was able to claim high score in our archery club for all traditional shooters.  I'm sure I can attribute it to this bow. I would buy another bow from him in a second.  He will spend the time to give you good straight forward advise. He has a wide selection of bows and one of them will fit your shooting style give him a try.  His prices are very competitive too.
George Zimmerman

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
I've been shooting an original 3pc Sasquatch recurve since 2011. Kirk is a true custom bowyer in every aspect. He'll customize the grip to fit you and your shooting style.
Kirk also builds his bows to be draw specific, meaning that the bow will perform best at your given draw length.
I've never shot through a chrony, but do my own form of testing a bows performance. I've shot the Big Foot side by side with several other top end bows using 3 different arrows, wood, aluminum and carbon. Most all bows shoot about the same out to 20 yards, but back up to 35 or 40 yards and you'll see the difference in arrow trajectory.
The Big Foot is the flattest shooting bow I've ever shot.
Kirk is a top notch bowyer and an even better man....how can you go wrong with that combination?

Offline 16 gauge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Pat,
  Kirk built a L/H "Custom grip" Sasquatch SS.
 "BEST" Performance and Craftsmanship.
  I'm now having to shoot R/H...Kirk is now in the process of building me a new R/H bow...... Dana

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Kirk is a good guy and makes some very nice performing bows.
He'll customize it till your heart's content.

..makes em pretty too...
   :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Here's my report on my Sassy Lady LB I got several years back...hasn't let me down and still amazes me to this day!

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119765#000000
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
nice bow tight finish I see the different models on his wed site ,next bow for me would be a recurve ,I see he has 2 models I believe the model with the sharp hooks on the tips is that the fastest and smoothest model?

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
Pretty sure the statics are the fastest.
Not positive of the smoothest..but I've heard statics have a very sweet feeling draw that is unique to static tipped bows.

Send Kirk an Email.
He's great with communication and will answer your questions in more detail than I ever could hope to.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »
sure Z  We do talk via email just asking some members here what they think also HEARD a lot good about his bows anyone have any problems I like to read the good and any bad ...

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
BHH, I believe the SS (static tip) is the quickest and certainly smooth. Your choice in 3 piece or ILF.

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  
Fast and smooth yes

Offline elksticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
I have 2 of his takedown Sasquatch longbows.  One plain Jane for hunting and a less poundage fancy one for 3d shoots. Both were built exactly as I wanted with a little advice on Kirks part. Now I have a one piece static on order.  I guess you might say I'm very happy with his work and you can't find anyone that is easier to work with. You will be happy with any bow you order or he will make it right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©