3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bigg Foot Bows ?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Piratkey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bigg Foot Bows ?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
I have the Sasquatch hybrid,it's a very very good bow,surely  the best hybrid on the market.

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
I've got a set of ILF limbs on Kirks build list. Now the wait. I've done a lot of reading about Kirk and his bows and it's always positive .
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline BowDiddle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maxx Black:
I've done a lot of reading about Kirk and his bows and it's always positive .
I've spent a big part of the last two days doing the same. I haven't found anything negative yet.

Poked around the website some. Most of the technical stuff is way over my head, but it sounds real important. The pictures are fantastic!

Thank you all for the replies.

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
ILF be the way I would go,,
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Offline Notenuftime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
I don't understand all the tech talk either but what I can grasp from it all is he has his act together when it comes to milking every last drop of performance out of a set of limbs. All I know is arrows that were slightly stiff for my previous 50# radical R/D are way to weak coming out of a 48# bow that braces as a D shaped longbow. I don't know how he does but very glad he's got it figured out. I'm toying with the idea of getting a lighter, slightly longer bow for NFAA field shoots. Got to get with Kirk to talk that one over at some point.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Hey, not enough whatever...

You get to read that NFAA stuff I sent you?

I know, I know...not enough time...   :rolleyes:    :knothead:    

Looked rather complicated but simple...but then I wasn't reading it for me.

If'n you think that Flatliner can zing and arrow, you should get ole Capt'n Kirk to build you a SAS that meets NFAA specs and watch what happens!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
I was just getting ready to post a thread asking about these bows ? All sounds very good. I have shot and owned about everything but one of these. Anyone know how long his wait is on a custom built bow ? Would really like to try a one piece longbow, but also interested in 3 piece takedown recurve ? I have a new pmax osage widow on the classifieds, just too much mass weight for me. I wonder how his 3 piece would compare with the widow ? Thanks for any imput and all the imput that's already here.
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
I like try his trad line one piece to go with my frontier 2 good bows from two good bow makers,,

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flt Rck Shtr:
I was just getting ready to post a thread asking about these bows ? All sounds very good. I have shot and owned about everything but one of these. Anyone know how long his wait is on a custom built bow ? Would really like to try a one piece longbow, but also interested in 3 piece takedown recurve ? I have a new pmax osage widow on the classifieds, just too much mass weight for me. I wonder how his 3 piece would compare with the widow ? Thanks for any imput and all the imput that's already here.
Just guessing here, but I would think it would DEPEND on what woods you choose and if you get the G10 I beam, which makes it heavier.

My draw weight wasn't that high so I went with a wood I-beam on mine... I read he posted that it's not so much draw weight but the type of wood whether he recommends G10 to strengthen it all...

If you have some woods in mind, that'd be a question to shoot of to Kirk in an email...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Flt Rck Shtr, email Kirk, info on his website, bigfootbows.com. Very easy to talk to, I believe he is out of town this weekend but should be back next week. Tell him what your looking for and then listen.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
I had a 60" 1pc Sasq.
I've yet to handle a bow that felt more solid/well built.
It's hard to explain the feeling.
Must've been partly a nice actual balance to the bow, but also the weight in the riser vs the lightness of the limbs.

The whole bow just felt "tight" in a VERY good way, solid and balanced....
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Know what you mean some bows just seem to grow out of your own body ,SS static tips seem fast but bow builds are very confusing to me what riser to get etc ,looking more the way of your above bow Zradix 1pc Sasq. Than limb materials like is carbon/form core or wood? is it really worth the extra $$ to me its about lasting in wet/cold weather and staying stable looking nice is a plus ..

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
Love learning all I can learn here.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Kirk is a true professional and artist and a innovator for sure. He is great to deal with. I love me Sasquatch #55 @ 31" Shoots great, Shoots very quiet. No hand shock whatsoever. Awesome bow.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
me quiet very important it means the bow is not  being tore up with vibration guiet always meant a bow that lasted for years like my old buddy made 21st century's   like cross bows for people that have health problem the Kodabows recurve cross bow is a real good one made in Pa no vibration and quiet ,Kirk going to go places word of mouth is great way to pass the good and point out anything u like see in future,

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
Quiet also means that the energy you pull back and put into the arrow is going INTO the arrow and not back into the bow and the shooter, same effect that you mention, Joe...

Bow lasts long, so's the shooter!

It's a painstaking process to not just balance the tiller on limbs, but to have both limbs working in harmony...take time and experience...

I'm sure lots of folks do all that on their bows, but there are some that do NOT and I know that Kirk does...luck of the draw for me after a few major disappointments on "customs" that the "custom" was limited to an ala carte take out menu choice of woods...

I like getting OUT Of my bow ( & into the arrow} what I exert drawing that bow... and I get a lot more return on my Sassy Lady Sasquatch LB then any bow I've ever shot...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
Steve trad longbows look like my old 21st century's Nova/Edge of 1999s ,a longbow limb that was the smoothest and fastest I owned  was 1999 21st century Eclipses I believe the spelling correct the limbs started out wide at handle and went very sq thin the last 12-14" to tips carbon backed I believe they  would said to be modeled after 1000 year old bows that were found in Greece  these Homer epic type bows and limbs were said to be very powerful at that time ,that 21st century Eclipse was 64# at 26" just got to be to much to pull after 10 shots... like to see Kirt or someone make this eclipse bow again they have a real winner on their hands.

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »
Thanks for all the imput and info guys, greatly appreciated
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »
Thanks for the PM's, Joe.  As shared there, not quite sure why you'd want something from the 90's duplicated when materials and designs have moved so far forward since?

Somethings were likely advanced in that day, but if that's your heart's goal, maybe the big auction site(s) would have what you're looking for--where someone is willing to part with a working model of that era?

Me? I like what I got that is a reflection of current materials and design advances... but that is what's great about the "free enterprise system" --- whatever floats your boat!

Pays yer money and takes yer chances...  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
thought about that two things I am getting Big Foot bow after I thin the herd with some trades and things ,always wanted a super nice looking recurve at 45-48# for these old bones so I look at his curved sheep horn limb tips they look fast and smooth shooting,hard find a bow that holds up here in Sitka and Homer ,rain seems to destroy most everything will have work out with Kirk materials that will hold up here and finishes or maybe send the bow back once a year for post tune up and refinishing ,,

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©