3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC Whitetails 2015  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
NC Whitetails 2015
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Season starts in one month!  Lets keep each other updated on this thread.  Anyone have any interesting strategy, preparations or projects in the works?
Im scouting when I can and shooting whenever possible.  I have some homemade gear projects in the works.  I'm making a leafy suit/poncho out of a die cut camo blind.  Attaching a homemade quiver to a canvas backpack and sewing some camo blind fabric on to break it up.

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC Whitetails 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
I did some scouting this summer when I was there for the week after the 4th of July.
I won't get to do any hunting up there until the archery season starts back up in October.     :(    

I need more vacation time.
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
I put in way too much overtime this year...but the trade off is I pretty much have paid vacation from Nov 1st til March.  I'm pretty sure you can still hunt with a bow during black powder.  Just have to wear orange I believe.  Correct me if I am wrong though!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
Been in the woods several times. I have a couple of promising places, but nothing to get antler excited about. I hunt for meat anyway. If a big'un happens by, well, I would love the chance.

Gonna try to get one off gamelands this year. I found a nice spot for that. A well used creek crossing.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nantahala Nut:
... I pretty much have paid vacation from Nov 1st til March.  
Where is that green with envy emoticon ?   :eek:  

Originally posted by Nantahala Nut:
I'm pretty sure you can still hunt with a bow during black powder.  Just have to wear orange I believe.  Correct me if I am wrong though!
I think you are correct, but I still can't get up there until sometime in mid-October.
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
Well, I am down here in Croatan world. Gonna stay in my kayak a lot this yr. coming in and out by water. Don't really have many great spots but gonna put time in stand!! Be first year in a few years that I am getting a chance to hit it hard. Got my vacation days in at the firehouse.

Just a meat thing for me, any kinda antler is a plus. :-)
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:00 PM »
Yeah last I checked bows were good through all seasons.
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
You are good with a bow all season (on oct. 1st and gun season you must look like a pumpkin)

Im jacked guys! I have been blessed this year with an insane amount of property access. Around 7 new peices of fround all loaded with deer. Im gonna need alot of arras and bonus doe tags  :)  ive got some good friends coming into hunt this year so that will be fun too also hosting good friend Jim Dussias(tarponnut) and Bill Langer as well too.

Ive been setting up stands and killing foam all summer, is it September 12th yet?
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Wishing all of us luck, memorable hunts, and meat in the freezer.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
counting down the days. I hope to stick one with my new centaur. I get to start my season on Aug 29th, with elk.

Good luck
Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
Remember to wear orange on youth day, Sept. 26, if on land not owned by you or your family. Under 16 can hunt with rifle that day.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
I am not familiar with youth day. I usually do not start hunting until about middle of Oct., Dalton try to hold out, I might get a puppy out of this litter and I want it on as many blood trails as possible.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »
Thats funny Tim.  Dalton holding off on shooting deer till mid October. Good luck with that.

Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Between me and henson id say that pup will be a seasoned veteran by december lol
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
Dalton, Maybe me and Jake Scott  will wander up north from jackson county. We'll take the deer you pass on or the ones left after you tag out! I'm looking around some areas in eastern macon county right now.

I got in a quick scouting trip to a saddle on a ridge I was dying to look around.  Sure enough there was a good trail about 10 yards down from the top and some trails crossing the top.  Good stand of oaks up there with some green acorns on the ground already.  Saw a decent bit of bear sign up there too.  Got my camera out and im dying to check it in a week.  Best sign ive seen on any scouting trips.  I had a decent spot but ran across a moonshine camp so I wont be going back there for a long while

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
I'd say Dalton is going to have a lot of visiters this fall.   :D

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Group hunt!

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I've already put a GPS tracking device on Jim Dussias' car, and Google Map'd from Robbinsville to Ashe county !   :laughing:

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Anyone get out scouting lately? I'm getting ready to grab my camera off a saddle.  Saw some green acorns down last week that the wind probably blew off.  This cool front and geese flying over my house is getting me excited.  Starting to feel like Fall!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »
Beechnuts will fall soon. Several acorns are down here, too. Big ones!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©