3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How much is too much for you?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
How much is too much for you?
« on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
I just saw a new broadhead on 3rivers site that is $125 per 3. I would love to know how many are sold.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/schmeisser+archery+broadhead+one_i5267X_baseitem.html
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How much is too much for you?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
Bout 29.25 for 6 Deltas......  :D
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »
Broad heads, at least for the deer hunting that I do, simply are not worth this price. Perhaps some, especially those going after the big, tough, and dangerous game, may find it worth the cost, but I just don't see it.
Sam

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
With amount of game that has been taken with broadheads like Bear, Ace, Magnus, Z-Delta just to name a few I would think $125 for 3 is a bit much. I'll stick with the proven standards. Heck I have bought good used bows for $125.....lol
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
Team them up with Grizzly stick shafts and some high end feathers / inserts etc and we are at about. .  $60 per arrow ?  I hunt from the ground in a marsh.  Each shot is very likely lost in the stuff.  No thanks.
CHuckC

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
I love he grizzly heads, but they are pushing $50 for a half dozen.  I'm thinking next purchase will be going back to zwickeys for deer hunting and save my grizzlys for the next time I go elk hunting. Both are just as accurate and will easily penetrate a deer.  All but 1 of my deer have been killed with zwickey or grizzly heads.

The best shooting bow for me (a 66 bear kodiak) that I have ever owned, I bought for $135 last year.  I have owned several $1,000 bows that can't touch it for the combination of performance and shootability.  If the cheap bow fits, use it.

Maybe its maturity (This is my 43rd year of hunting with a recurve) but my attitude has changed considerably on what I need to spend to hunt.  That covers all equipment not just heads or bows.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
That is getting kind of crazy! I thought my German Kinetic heads were expensive!

I don't know how many they sell, but if it is not enough, they will either lower the price or stop production.

Bisch

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
And we pick on wheely guys and their money spending spree's! Trad. archery is catching right up in the gimmick market, and fast.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Wheely guys don't have anything on us, IMHO.  I spend way more on Trad stuff than I ever did for a compound.  I'm not into techie stuff anyway. Give me Zwickey's or Ribtecs and I am a happy camper.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
That's a lot of dough for a broadhead that,according to them works great as long as "it is in one piece"
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
The screw-in part must be made of GOLD!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by kennym:
Bout 29.25 for 6 Deltas......   :D  
x2 !!
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
Not sure where my cut-off is, but for sure, $40 plus per head is on the wrong side of it.
Jim

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
that's insane.. man some people over think this hunting stuff.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I'm not gonna use em.  Like my Stingers too much, and GK'S are cheaper.  But I can't help but think some of the folks who will criticize these heads will also not bat an eye spending 200, 300 or 600+ on a fancy custom knife, so tell me, what's the difference?  Some folks drive a Malibu, others a Benz.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
I draw the line at anything other than my Grizzly Kodiaks.  Great design and construction and all at a fair price.  Plus they are sponsors AND Bill and Tracy are just plain nice folks.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
Seems pretty crazy to me, especially if you read their description .... always nice to know your farrel will "snap" before it bends ???

I have killed moose and elk with a two blade Magnus that cost about $26 for 6 at the time. I have had only one broadhead fail on me in all my years of hunting, it happened shooting an elk and it was a satelite with replaceable blades. The farrel broke right at the end of my arrow, that was back in the mid 80's.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
I know everything has gone up in cost. The steel price, the cost of electric to machine them, cutter costs for the mills, etc... but I hate paying $30 for 3 Woodsman heads. $10/head average seems steep. I don't know. But then bow prices have risen the same too. Everything seems to go up but the paychecks.  Wish that would grow too so I could get more bows and broadheads    ;)
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline newhouse114

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
I about coughed up a lung getting a dozen cutthroats. I can't imagine a better head at any price!

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
All about being tough, not much for design, and it is going to be tricky to glue on.  I should get 6 of them to go with my Alaskans. On those tapered carbons I would not ever have to worry about the ferrule breaking because they would never get shot.  I cannot pick a spot when all I can see is dollar signs flying away.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©