3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bright Fletchings?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Pettit877

• Trad Bowhunter
Bright Fletchings?
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
I just ran out of truflight 5" parabolic chartreuse fletchings the other day. So I ordered some gateway chartreuse due to the fact I could not find any truflights.  The Truflights are great bright and exactly what I was expecting, the Gateway however to me looks more like forest green,  I looked it up later and it is in fact gateways chartreuse fletch. So my question is who makes the brightest chartreuse or bight florescent yellow fletch out there? I see a lot of people shooting them.

Eric

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bright Fletchings?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
Not sure what you got - but typically gateway's flourescent yellow is a very bright fletch.  The AMG's are very bright - their chartreuse and their lime look like the arrow is glowing during flight.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
Try hot pink if finding lost arrows is what your after. Ive found that the nock color is really all that matters when you want to see flight off the bow.

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
I agree with J Cook that Gateway's flourescent yellow feathers are really bright. I use them and they are easy to see when I have to look for an arrow. Also the nock color is important as sometimes in grass, when an arrow is along the ground, the only point of the arrow you see is the nock.

I have used red and yellow fleatching for over 50 years and used to dip my woods in red or crown dip my aluminums in red.  Red is a color almost everybody avoids because of the color of blood, fall sumac leaves, etc, but when used with a bright nock and a flourescent yellow feather, the flourescent yellow makes them easy to see, so due to Gateways flourescent yellow, I still can use the red as the second color in my fletchings.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
That's what Gateway chartreuse feathers look like,kind of like a lime green.The Gateway flo-yellow are what Tru-flight calls chartreuse.Two different companys with a different definition of colors.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Between Kustom King and 3Rivers you usually can always find chartreuse.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Cobie33

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
I have shot the AMG flo lime feathers the last several years and really like them. Even did some with the flo lime "camo" feather.  I use 4" four fletch, sometimes alternating between the flo lime and flo lime camo or flo lime and white.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
 Albert Pike

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
The Bearpaw fluorescent green and fluorescent yellow (from Kustom King) are both very bright and priced right too.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
Flo yellow is nice but I swear by Flo PINK.  IMHO nothing beats it for visibility in most lighting.  I feel the eye zeroes on it easier cause its not a frequent color in the woods whereas greens and yellows can blend more depending on the time of day and shadows.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
The color you wanted from Gateway is the Flo yellow. I had same confusion only other way round. I use the Gateway Flo yellow because they really show up on the desert floor. BUT I had ordered some orange feathers from .... that came almost flo. With my flo Orange wraps and Flo yellow nocks the show up even better. Issue is I can not remember where I got the orange feathers from   :knothead:

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
Looks like BigJim got the trueflights 5" that you want.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
I have been shooting some 4" bear paw feathers as of recently.  They are great, so far.  Fletched around 2 dzn arrows with them and there was only 1 quill that I found that was not "up to par" with the rest.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
hot pink stands out best for me ....  :D

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »

Not a direct answer,  but like Rob,  I find pink the easiest
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
Yellow ( or chartreuse ) are definitely the most visible for me. Kustom King's Bearpaws, or AMG's, have been the brightest. I prefer Tru Flight's for overall quality and fletch height, but the two mentioned are good feathers with excellent visibility.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
I think in the November woods in the Midwest while hunting out of a treestamd that white is the most visible. But white is also very visible to the deer so I'm reluctant to fill a quiver with them. Pink is very visible to me.

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
I have been using 4 fletch 4" Gateway feathers in alternating flo yellow and flo orange --- outstanding!

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 03:04:00 AM »
Gotta say fl. pink or yellow stands out best, white also works well with bigger fletching.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline Jarrod Reno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
Hmm I just got a 50 pack of gateway chartreuse in their rayzr design and they are very much florescent. Super bright, almost glow in the dark. Wonder if they shipped you the wrong feathers?
Family man
Colorado & Montana

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
I really like the feathers I have gotten from Saggitarius Archery.  Bright, vibrant colors and perfect die cuts with no sharp ends to trim, etc.  Every feather is exactly like every other feather.  Their chartreuse and bright lime green are highly visible.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©