3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou Down with EagleWing  (Read 616 times)

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Caribou Down with EagleWing
« on: August 14, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
Steve makes a nice frontier longbow so easy to string in the bush by your leg and arms .Its very noise free and throws a heavy wood arrow ,found some old bear arrows and Ace heads in attic here still had dust on them ,the bow loves wood arrows .Next Sitka Deer in my home town Sitka AK till Dec 31,Try some caribou soup with the hairy horn tips early season caribous HORNS tastes great has lots of protein and some good blood flow for our  wife pleasing parts makes you young again see now why Chinese's buy horns now WOW..
The Rock-Star of Trad-Talk

White Wolf Max P 40-55 lb adjustable longbow..

Border Harrier #53 carbon fast as A BOW CAN BE.

Offline ed cowden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou Down with EagleWing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
I sure enjoy your stories and view point. You are like Bear Grills a survivalist from Britain. Always eating different things and finding special things in the wild to bring home.

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
BLESSED TO LIVE WITH THE NATIVES PEOPLES OF ALASKA

THANK U

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :campfire:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
There not many who could live and do what I do I travel up all the northern Alaskan villages training and operating Nano water plants only make water in summer time and fill storage tanks with heated water lines to houses.The ways of the people are different than we were raised its their land and world up here we are the second class of people here, Government gives them everything mostly for free no drinking here its outlawed here .I live off land here mostly salmon berries and graying and caribou but need permission to hunt I get along because I don't buck the system,best TV show every made about Alaska was the show (tougher in Alaska )The rest are all bull,,,I like one piece bows the Eaglewing frontier is best thing going for up here,Brooks nice but to fancy the Border one piece Harrier a nice one also but need a stringer for that bow,the Frontier just a Get-R-Done longbow great Alaskan Tuff Longbow,

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
I also found the Ace broad the best Alaskan broad heads and their sharpener its the best ,very good down to earth owners to talk to its a well made head just no complaints from me about Ace products the way it should be,

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
I sure enjoy your stories and view point. You are like Bear Grills a survivalist from Britain. Always eating different things and finding special things in the wild to bring home.

I tried about everything from walrus stink fin too "lemming blacken" "back straps",,but the best  we like eating is Stink Fish Heads =King salmon  heads buried to permafrost in 3 feed bags covered with dirt than dug up 5 months latter and eaten looks and taste just like the best blue cheese you can buy any=store .Please just don't eat Stick fish Heads just before a long plane ride to lower 48 no windors to open up in a jet at 30000 feet and stay near a bathroom .

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »
A few people emailed me about blacken Lemming back straps??? we take a whole pot of Lemming in winter months the time they turn white and are living under the snow and under homes my Jack Russell Sam he hates Lemming she very good at catching them with our house cat "Nuckie" they are great hunting buddies,Nuckie and Sam bring the lemming to our back door my 3 Eskimo girl friends  coat the whole lemming in Jack Daniel B sauce  than coat lemmings  with ever clear 180 proof than torch them till hair burns off we than eat everything but teeth and skulls like roasted peanuts but a little softer  but a lot taster with the B Sauce ...no really back straps just the whole lemming,. A good way to get the needed  protein and to keep  warm in winter months with my girl friends not much else to do together in 12 feet snow.

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
Hey joe I agree on the frontier.  Loving mine. But stick fish heads?   And I don't know about them rats .. But I'd drink the sauce . Lol.
Dan Breen

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
most of the time we don't remember making them or eating them,,,lol WAIT TILL YOU SEE MY NEW EAGLEWING CUSTOM MADE LEMMING LONGBOW,,2 piece I am having leather handle  made now or maybe one of my Eskimo girl friends Beaver TANNED tail but most likely have Big Jim put the tanned beaver tail on all my longbows just they last for ever you just can not ware out a BEAVER-TAIL,,

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Good post!  You sure ain't kidding about a different world up there.  Having 3 girlfriends is OK until they talk, I cant imagine all them women together complaining and nagging. I'm sure having that everclear helps but you cant take it outside. Just kidding a little bit.lol

I find it interesting your lifestyle. Keep up the posts.

Jim does a fine job on the grips, and your Eaglewing is a great bow.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
bowheadhunter keep up the posts it's very entertaining and great to hear some first hand reporting from the great white north.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »
Ill post pictures on my r and r for all to  see around 28 Aug

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
Hey joe looking foreword to seeing that lemming bow . I mite have to call Steve again !      Joe if one of them girls gets to cold send her to jersey it's going to be in the 90s all week. Lol
Dan Breen

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »
were in NJ my brother used work at Harrys Army and navy noW call C-Ann mountain outfitters ,he-mike- from maple shade NJ,WARMED UP HERE 49 and raining .The Ladies are 1st  and 2st cousins most everyone related one way or an other up here my brother wife will not let my brother mike stay with me she just cannot get used to our sharing ways up here..going try get a  tundra ground hog today with the Eaglewing Lemming longbow bow never ate tundra hog their very meaty with all the berries this time of year about 1/4 smaller than NJ super porker ground hogs our have no ticks or fleas to deal with cutting up onions and ginger and a old lime with beef canned gravy should go good with the little hog .

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »
I be in NJ for mid fall deer season around Mt Holly area hope meet u Dan Bree save money Dan come up and stay with us in Sitka or near Homer were our moose cabin is ,,deer till Dec 31 moose month Sept,,we got lots room in sailboat in Sitka or Homer just bring a weapon and food and protection=rain gear raining a lot Dan

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
Good post! You sure ain't kidding about a different world up there. Having 3 girlfriends is OK until they talk, I cant imagine all them women together complaining and nagging. I'm sure having that everclear helps but you cant take it outside. Just kidding a little bit.lol

I find it interesting your lifestyle. Keep up the posts.

Jim does a fine job on the grips, and your Eaglewing is a great bow.

Big Jim a great guy very down earth talk to like meet him at trade show or get to together,  

The ladies are not bad they love making sewing furs hats ,parkas ,they are not much at talking plus I am deaf when I take out my hearing aids lol ,reason Lily of valley goes early fall(bears are out) hunting with me she hears about as good as Sam my Jack Russell Sam a smart dog but Lily loves gutting moose and caribou they love the moose nose and caribou nose and the fat around the kidneys  they save for special birthdays or wedding ,boiled nose and fat in onions and carrots and small red Alaskan potatoes now that a meal your never forget,kinda funny sometime Sam and lily and our cat Nuckie we all go hunting on blue bird days the cat normally the first spot a moose than Sam joins in with his never ending barking poor moose just stands there with a wild look on his eyes giving me or lily a nice shot lily a 45/70 lady never seen her miss yet me longbow if we are close .

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
Well today fried graying on birch bark last day of pumping drinking water here in village storage tanks,Eskimo ice-cream(Frozen Caribou fat, frozen wild berries,you grade the fat in small ice like pieces mix back up serve as still softly frozen with powered sugar some Elders put dried white fish in mixture in winter for protein,,

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
Hey Joe, Great stories!  

My wife and i were married in Anchorage in 84' and spent our  honeymoon In the Yukon & northern territories, then ran the Yellowhead highway into Alberta...We spent 15 days paddling our canoe around the most beautiful lakes i've ever seen.

We lived in Anchorage for a full year prior to getting married and spent a lot of time in Homer..... Man i loved that place.

Another place we spent a lot of time was in Seward Ak. Loved to go fishing there in the bay. We caught some huge Halibut out of Seward, and tons of black sea bass.

Next week is our 31st wedding anniversary & we are heading to the coast to go fishing for ling cod out of Depot Bay, Oregon.

I only have one woman.... but she's a keeper!   :thumbsup:   How many guys do you know that gets to go fishing on their wedding anniversary?

Offline bowheadhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
You all get to Sitka look me up Homer area our play ground for moose and halibut!

Kirt good kuck

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©