3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf Tree Stand / Userers  (Read 864 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Lone Wolf Tree Stand / Userers
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
I have used a long wolf hang on stand for a couple of years. I am looking to get a good climber... I like the hand climber but I can't force myself to sit on those seats any more... My question is, do any of you have the sit and climb stand? If so what are the pros/ cons of it???

Can you shoot sitting down in it with a Recurve or longbow???  

Many thanks
Blessings,
Steve

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf Tree Stand / Userers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
Pastor Steve,

I have never hunted out of a tree stand before, but I did purchase the lone wolf Alpha tree stand, what I found out from that purchase is, they are high-quality, their customer service is fast and prompt, and when they tell you it's going be a certain poundage it is.

If I was going to use a tree stand, it would be the sit and climber, it is 14.5 Lb.  It is $320 at Cabela's, and the only other thing you would need would be a good-quality safety vest, which I recommend over the straps that are included that are called a safety harness.  There are some materials that you can get to add to the seat.  Which makes a difference, the other thing that you can do, and it will add a little bit wt. to it,is tell lone wolf you want a replacement seat, and get a larger seat for it.  You're not going to find the perfect tree stand.  All the people that I know that have comfortable tree stands modified theirs in some way, not that causes any safety concerns.

But I like the idea of the  of lightweightness, and the quality.  There's a lot to be said for that.  If you go to wwww.  Bowhunterstalk.com, and go to the first thread at the top of the list you will see " tree stand recalls" I have never seen lone wolf on there, Summit, RiversEage, and some of the other off names will be on there.

I hear a lot of talk about the lone wolf sit climber, and it is all good.

I hunt out of a double bull, and I enjoyed it very much, I really like the double bull stool, it allows me to swivel without having a swivel apparatus to make noise, it allows me to go down on one knee or both, and the best thing about it it does not cut off circulation to the point I have to find my legs before I stand up.  I really enjoyed meeting the deer at eye level.  I've hunted from the ground for over 40 yrs. Yes I have been busted sometimes, but that's a part of it.  It's the same thing when you're in your tree stand and the deer looks up and says " I got ya".

All kidding aside, I think you'd make a good choice with that particular stand, and eliminates all the other things to need with the other stands, it's lightweight, and very easy to use from all the people that I've talked to that have one,  I've not heard one complaint about.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »
4 years been the best stand on the market IMO.I've had a Alfa Climber for 6yrs and it's by far the quietest climber I've ever had.Seems some stand manufacturers have made progress in making better stands since I bought my LW but I'm very pleased w/ quality and attention to detail w/ mine.

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
The sit and climb is a great stand.Quiet,fast easy set up,comfortable(although I did replace the standard seat with a Summit replacement seat to make it even more comfortable),lightweight,and did I mention quiet??You can't go wrong with a Lone Wolf,although I haven't made any purchases from them since they were sold to new owners.

I have 3 Alpha Loc Ons,1 Assault Loc On,12 sticks,the hand climb model,and the sit and climb.Slowly but surely phasing out all my other stands and replacing with Lone Wolf............although the Loggy Bayou Pro Staff Loc Ons(2) that I got last year are very lightweight and very,very comfortable..........might have to keep them.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »
I agree with what everyone said about being quiet and comfortable and the best stand on the market.  But one of the things I like best abuot it is how easy it is to use.  There are no pins to loose in the  dark, if folds down to almost nothing, you don't even know it's on your back when your walking through the woods, etc...  I don't think you'll be dissapointed.  I shoot a longbow and can shoot just fine sitting or standing out of it.

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
I've had one for several years now.  I shoot my longbow or recurve sitting or standing from it.  It doesn't creak and I've never had it slide down a tree as did other popular brands I've used.  The neat thing is that it folds down to about 3 to 4 inches for packing in.  I attached a picture of how mine looks on my back when I'm hunting/scouting.  Since that picture I attach my rucksack a little lower onto the stand.  It's a great system.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w129/Trooper_026/P1240004.jpg
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
Alot of guys like them. Me I had a lemon. At about 16 to 18 feet coming down a tree one night the latch on the seat open and tossed me backwards. It was my fault that I had my safty belt hooked to the seat and not the tree but it was not my fault it had faulty latches. After a dislocated elbow, sholder, 6 dislocated toes, and many pulled leg muscels, I made it back to the truck. I called the company and asked for my money back. I did not ask for anything else because like I said it was my fault that I did not have my belt hooked to the tree. But like I also said it was not my fault it had faulty latches. I have a Summit now and I would not trade it for a truck load of loan wolf climbers. This all took place after I clumbed to about 20' and sit for 5 hr. and thin started down. This is my cons about loan wolf. I no you guys like them but I will never get back in one.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
I started with the hand climber and traded my seat for a sit and climb due to elbow problems. The sit and climb is nearly as good as the hand climber and slightly more comfortable but not a lot. Setting it up is simple but not as slick and quiet as the hand climber.

The seat portion reduces your shooting angles compared to the hand climber. You could shoot sitting from the seat but will need to scoot to the edge of the seat. I normally do that when shooting from a seat anyway so maybe that is just me.

While I think the stands are great I think if comfort is a priority you should probably look elsewhere. I just replaced my original Loc-On fixed position stand with a Loggy Bayou Monarch for that very reason.

carphunter100 - Did they give you a refund?

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
I sent the stand back to lone wolf and after they went over it with a fine tooth comb, they gave me my money back + shipping.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
I have an early sit and climb. I think it is a fine stand, if there is such a thing. However, you need to add some foam to the seat, and be careful to not loosen the climber's knobs when you stand up. Common sense.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
I hunted with a summit in 05 and 06, loved it for comfort and stability.  HATED it for the noise!  the darn cables clunkin in and out of the tubes on setup where way too loud.

sold it on <> and bought a sit n climb lone wolf.  been out 5 times this year and love it more each time in the stand.  I upgraded the seat to the cushion seat with the back.  haven't had any deer within range yet so i can't answer to the shootability questions, but i have flung a few judos outta it and haven't had a problem shooting sitting or standing.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline bayoubowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »
Trooper sold me on his system. Works great.  Never had any problems with noise, slipping.etc.  The seat that comes with it is not the most comforatble for a long sit and I now bring a extra cushion.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
I just ordered the Summit seat for my Lone Wolf...they are on backorder! I think they get a lot guys doing this.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
Which Summit replacement seat are you guys using or ordering to replace the original Lone Wolf seat? I have a Hand Climber on the way.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
Part no. CW-41-7972 In their catalog it is referred to as "replacement seat".
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
Thanks David, I'll check it out.  :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Two Hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
I really like mine.I started with the handclimer for a couple years and bought the sit n climb part.I ordered the new and improved seat this year.It is adouble fold instead of the trifold seat the straps are wider so they don't cut into your thighs.Both are good seats i tend to like the older becauce of the high back.
  You can't go wrong with the Wolf.It is a great stand..good luck.................
An Angel once wrote: Many people will walk in and out of your life,but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart!!

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Quick question, have any of you guys swithched to a hand climber from the sit and climb? I have had two sit and climbs and loved them both, but I sat in a buddy's hand climber and I was surprised at how comfortable it actually was. Real close to my sit and climb.  With less weight and even more ease of use I have been thinking of ordering a hand climber seat.   Next question is can you order just the seat?

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
Steve thanks for starting this post. I almost bought one this week but can't decide between a new treestand or trying a ghillie suit.

I'd like to save some more "reward points" to help with the treestand but after fighting climbling sticks and a hang on yesterday I may just bite the bullet.

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
I've been climbing trees since the late 60's starting with the old Baker stands.  My Lone Wolf sit and climb is the best I've used.  I just bought the new improved seat also.  $39.95 I think is what it costs.  I do my scouting and look for trees that will work and then take either the LW climber or tmy old Dick Idol windwalker and LW sticks.  That's another pretty good combination IMO.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©