3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: some peoples nerve...  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: some peoples nerve...
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
I don't think anyone is bashing anyone in particular, rather this is a discussion on hunting ethics and the theory of limited effectiveness for greater experience... It's the foundation that our archery seasons were originally founded on

Offline stillhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Yep, the compounds their new trad bow! Had a guy tell me last night that his arrows are $35 a throw.But he hopes he fills his crossbow tags opening wk. end. Ill just keep hunting and shooting. My longbow gets sweeter every day even after 32 years.

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Mecredy:
Did you ask him what kind of bow his husband shots?
LOL, I just spit water all over my office.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
The guys that talk smack about Traditional bows are either a keyboard hunter or never truly hunted with a trad bow. In 2009 I sold all my compound bows that same year I drew a California Antelope tag I was told that I crazy and that I wouldn't kill a antelope so I killed my antelope on day two he scored 73 P&Y points with a 45# Bob Lee Recurve bow.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gen273:

Originally posted by Mike Mecredy:
Did you ask him what kind of bow his husband shots?
LOL, I just spit water all over my office. [/b]
I had the same reaction. I'm gonna remember that for future use.  :bigsmyl:

Bob

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
Well, you met one hunter you wouldn't share hunting camp w/.

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
I met a woman that killed lots of deer with a 35lb bow.
None of them suffered:)
Slickhead

Offline TenkaraGrasshopper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
Sadly there are people like this in any retail situation. I just say ignore the rude, idiotas and follow your heart. Interestingly, crossbows were used as weapons to kill men not deer or elk. Give the customer what he/she wants and move on ignoring the rest of their negativity and you will still be you and probably an even better version of yourself.
Respect your elders.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
Who knows what this guy saw to form his opinion on trad bows? I've seen plenty of trad shooters at 3-d shoots that have no business going hunting with what they're shooting. They're either horrible shots or their bow is so far out of tune the arrow looks like a wounded duck flying to the target or both. I don't by the bs about " once I get a deer in front of me I really concentrate on the shot" You can either shoot good or not. Just because you choose to hunt with a trad bow, doesn't mean you should.  And it also doesn't automatically make you a better,more dedicated hunter. I laugh when I hear the guys bashing the "wheelie bow" shooters. "They don't have the same respect of the animals as US,they only shoot 2 days before the season, they take shots that are too far,etc"  I'm sure the same can be said for some trad hunters. I have friends that hunt with compounds and are as ethical as you can get, great woodsmen and shoot year round because they love it. One of them got a longbow because of hunting with me. He did great shooting it and took a couple deer. He went back to the compound because he felt he didn't have enough time to practice that year with the longbow to be confident of making good shots. Got way more respect from me for that decision than if he kept at it with the longbow just to be trad

Offline Veneficus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Unfortunatly some people think it is okay to treat those in retail however they feel like and nothing will be said because the person doesnt want to get fired, and this is usually true.
I work for myself selling archery,leather and custom arrows and rarly I get a disresectful customer but when I do I let it be known that sort of behavior will not be tolerated as professional as I can,and they always drop the attitude after that.But I dont have to worry about firing myself.

If a customer is a  upset because I made a mistake that is totally different,and I kill them with kindness and make up for it however I can though.Everyone should treat others as they wish to be treated.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
That teminds me of when I worked at s jumbo sports and we had a bunch of guys always asking for a "light gathering scope" did know what the heck they were talking about didn't seem to know the name of any scope company. We had a joke that we were going to start a scope company called "a light gathering scope" maybe have a couple of models like "the night hunter" or maybe "the poacher delight"

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2015, 07:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Veneficus:
Unfortunatly some people think it is okay to treat those in retail however they feel like and nothing will be said because the person doesnt want to get fired, and this is usually true.
I work for myself selling archery,leather and custom arrows and rarly I get a disresectful customer but when I do I let it be known that sort of behavior will not be tolerated as professional as I can,and they always drop the attitude after that.But I dont have to worry about firing myself.

If a customer is a  upset because I made a mistake that is totally different,and I kill them with kindness and make up for it however I can though.Everyone should treat others as they wish to be treated.
I was in line at our local convenience store one time and the guy in front of me, I won't call him a gentleman, received TOO MUCH change back from the young girl that was working behind the cash the register. He called her some very rude names, and told her if she was that stupid, she shouldn't be working there. He wouldn't let it go, and she started to cry. I'm pretty easy going, but I can't stand to see somebody getting crapped on that doesn't deserve it, and I went up one side of him, and down the other. He hurried out the door, and the poor girl came out from behind the counter and gave me a big hug, and a kiss on the cheek. The manager told me I should have minded my own business, and that the customer is always right. I agree up to a point, but nobody should have to take that kind of abuse at their workplace.

Bob

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Hey Bob., good on you.  You should have told the manager you were a customer and you were absolutely right to handle the situation the way you did.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Hey Bob., good on you.  You should have told the manager you were a customer and you were absolutely right to handle the situation the way you did.
I wish I'd thought to tell him that Charlie.   :thumbsup:

Bob

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Whitetail Addict, you have reminded the store manager that you were a customer also and if that was his attitude then maybe you should shop some where else.

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Many years ago I was at the public range shooting at a 3D deer target. A guy came up next to me and started shooting his brand new compound, I recognized the brand and complimented him on his new compound boy just being nice. He proceed to ask me if I was going to hunt with my recurve, I said  yes and he said will kill a deer, I informed with a properly placed arrow you bet,
Here is where it got interesting he said lets see how fast it is compared to mine I said ok so as he started to draw, I drew anchored and delivered a perfect shot he proceeded to complete his shot and said now what does that prove. I said in the deer woods that would be my deer. I said it is not the speed of the bow it is the speed and accuracy of the archer. He got the point.

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by ChetterB:
Many years ago I was at the public range shooting at a 3D deer target. A guy came up next to me and started shooting his brand new compound, I recognized the brand and complimented him on his new compound boy just being nice. He proceed to ask me if I was going to hunt with my recurve, I said  yes and he said will kill a deer, I informed with a properly placed arrow you bet,
Here is where it got interesting he said lets see how fast it is compared to mine I said ok so as he started to draw, I drew anchored and delivered a perfect shot he proceeded to complete his shot and said now what does that prove. I said in the deer woods that would be my deer. I said it is not the speed of the bow it is the speed and accuracy of the archer. He got the point.
I love that   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©