3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Farr West Ultimate Rover  (Read 778 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Farr West Ultimate Rover
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
This past July at the Colorado High Country shoot I picked up one of Tim Roberts first production models of his new Ultimate Rover quiver.  As hunting season approaches I've kicked my practice into high gear and this quiver is perfect for the way I practice!

I have a number of 3D targets scattered around my yard, a sand pit for shooting broadheads, and unlimited stumpshooting target possibilities.  The Ultimate Rover is the perfect quiver to carry every arrow I need for each of the different targets as I wander around the yard.  I know it wasn't designed for broadheads, and if they were sharp this wouldn't be the way to carry them, but for dulled heads that get shot into a sand pile it works great!

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Farr West Ultimate Rover
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
Looks great!

I have Tim's Absorkee quiver and really like it!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
Looks great. I have been eyeballing the Absorkee quiver hard. Just wish I could see and handle one first!

Bisch

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:31:00 AM »
Bisch,

Just think quality craftsmanship, then buy one.  

I have a couple of them as well as several of Mark Bakers quiver caddies, the predecessor to the Absorakee.   I will just say they work.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
I have the pocket and hip ultimate Rovers.
 Great quality product, my only complaint would be that the magnetic holder is pretty much specific to the standard judo point.
 My steel blunts, kondors and assorted field points with grasshoppers don't fit.
 I get a lot of compliments and questions about it at the 3d shoots.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
I agree with Walt buy one you won't be sorry I have 2!
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
You won't find any better quality the way Tim builds these things.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
That is sweet Tim did a great job.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Nice rover.  I like it.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
I used an Absorkee quiver on a bear hunt this spring......I like it.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Panzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
Nice quiver. I wouldn't want my Broadheads exposed like that.

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
Nice quiver Joe. Sounds like just what you needed too.

Sweet looking bow too, by the way.  :thumbsup:

Bob

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Panzer:
Nice quiver. I wouldn't want my Broadheads exposed like that.
Definitely not the way to carry sharp broadheads Panzer.  But like I said, these are heads that I use just for shooting into a sand pile.  The sand dulls them up to the point that they aren't sharp enough to butter toast.  I certainly am not recommending this quiver to be used with sharp hunting heads.

If you need a quiver to transport sharp heads Tim's Absorkee quiver is the way to go.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Panzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
i love my Absorkee. great design and awesome quality.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
Joe...I picked up a Rover from Tim this summer....it's a great product!  Tim is a master innovator.  I made some recommendations, and not to spill any beans here, but keep your eyes out around Christmas time!  

The Absorkee is a top-notch quiver that incorporates all the "good stuff" about the Quiver Caddy/Kwikee combination I used myself for a couple decades, but in a leather, more trad-friendly package.   If you are serious about hunting quivers...and most of us have all the good ones...this is one quiver you need to own.   There is no perfect quiver for sure, but the Absorkee solves a myriad of problems and most of those problems that are usually associated with hip quiver designs don't apply to this one.  The Caddy bracket makes it the easiest "no-doubt-about-it" on/off quiver, you can wear with any pack, and hang in any tree, and not get hung up in the brush, and keep your fletchings unfrazzled, and carry the weight on your hip (not in your hands or around your neck), strap-less, and easiest access, non-flagging, quiver out there!  That's a mouthful...but it's a tried and tested design from Alaska to Texas, to Florida swamps and Montana mountains.  It works.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
By the way....that magnet zwickey judo holder thingy...I think it's got a removeable ring inside to accommodate some bigger diameter small game heads.  I think.  I'll have to check mine...
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
Thank you for the great comments!
Well, no beans were spilled, but since the lid was lifted from the pot a bit, we might as well get a good sniff to see whats coming along?

One of the more frequent comments made by folks looking at the Ultimate Rover, for the first time is, "this would also make a great hunting quiver".   Since the Rover isn't made to carry broadheads, I felt it best to come up with one that did!
Before introducing to newest quiver from Farr West Leather, I need to throw out a few things, first more than likely we won't have this quite ready for "prime time" until Christmas, I apoligize, but with hunting season right around the corner, a pending, likely move to Montana, I am not sure what time I will have to work on things in the next few months, for those that are seriously interested, I will do my best to get one out to you. I kind of feel like a hit-n-run driver, introduce a new product and disappear from making it...

So without further ramblings, The Ultimate Hunter, from Farr West Leather...

The Ultimate Hunter, is a pack horse of a quiver, seven arrows total, 4 broadheads, and 3 Judo Points, (only) the option for other types of blunts is not currently available, but will be soon.  The broadheads are placed in 2 layers, allowing them to "nest" rather than stack, they are stored in individual pockets so that they won't ruin their edge rubbing/bumping against another one.  
This quiver was designed and built to be a serious hunting quiver, it is made from quality, heavy, Herman Oak vegetable tanned leather, and will be offered in quality 5 to 10 oz. California Latigo in the future.  We haven't arrived at a price as of yet but hope to very soon, and will be offering them at an introductory price (custom models) up to Christmas?
The Ultimate Hunter is great for an extended adventure of high country elk, with grouse and stumps, to fill the lulls between elk activity, or perfect for an outing of whitetails and squirrels!

The Ultimate Rover and the Untimate Hunter will be available separately, or one will be able to purchase them as a complete matched set, allowing the bowhunter to practice and hunt with the same type of quiver!
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
Awesome Tim, I be keeping an eye on the ultimate hunter. Your leather work is second to none.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
How about that Tim. Looks like Joe has to buy another quiver. That one really looks nice.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©