3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU Clothing.... all backorders?  (Read 418 times)

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
KUIU Clothing.... all backorders?
« on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
I wanted to buy some KUIU Tenton clothing so I went to the website and when I went to order it, it was all listed as back ordered.  I started to look at the other items and it looks like just about every item they sell is on back order.  Has anyone purchased anything from them that was on back order and if so, how long did you have to wait for it to arrive? I was shocked to see they were out of about every item they sell. I guess that means it is good and people like it, but surprised they don't stock enough.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline dennis502

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU Clothing.... all backorders?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
I've had 3 or 4 orders in the past that included backordered items- arrival time varied from a few days to several months.

If it's something you need by a certain date, you should call them. They have been very good about giving realistic estimates of when items are expected to arrive.

I guess I was lucky- I placed an order on Monday for 3 items and all were in stock....

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Yea you had to buy the teton stuff a month ago. I don't think they are getting more until next year.

their customer service team is helpful so you can call them and get a projected ship date.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
I ordered my attack pants on Saturday and they were at my house on Wednesday
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the info.  I'll give them a call. I like their stuff.  I don't need it right away. I ca wait.

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Their business model keeps costs down but service suffers quite a bit in my opinion.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Ordered a pair of Chugach rain pants this past Sunday night, and they arrived Wednesday afternoon.  Just depends on what you are ordering I guess.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »
Yea, I was none too soon ordering. I Got 4 pcs including the attack pants last week. At that time stuff was selling out quick.
The attack pants seem really nice. Super comfortable.

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
This is my first modern material high end clothing. I haven't hunted in it but my first impression is that it's not just marketing.  It does seem like well thought out gear. I can't wait to find out how the high tech materials perform.
Also I got a mid weight sitka pull-over. Wow is that thing soft and comfortable!

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 07:12:00 AM »
I am a big believer in their stuff, and have a pretty wide collection, however have had a Tiburon shirt on backorder for 2 months now. I am afraid by the time it comes in it will have already cooled down.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 07:18:00 AM »
I like there stuff as well and posted about this on another forum. It does get old...
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
One would think that if you consistently run out of material for an extended period of time that you would increase your stock order counts and place your replen orders sooner.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin haha.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
That is what my first thought was too.  If you are always selling out, at what point do you start to order some more stock. I will have to call them to see what they say. I was pretty disappointed that you can't get the Tenton stuff. I totally missed out getting in that game. Hopefully they order more stock for the next time. Maybe the plan is to keep supply low and demand high.

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
I've been using Kuiu clothing and sleeping bag for a year now and find it to be the best performing hunting gear I've ever used. Fairly expensive IMO but extremely well designed and built. It's frustrating to wait for back orders but worth it.

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
They lost me last year when I waited for their black friday advertised sale then I realized backorder items were not eligible for sale prices.  Everything I wanted was backordered.  I do have some of their clothing and continue to use it but I do not plan on ordering anytime soon.  Their stuff is quality, but their lack of inventory is frustrating!!
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I was going to order some pants today and both pairs I looked at were on back order.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
I doubt if we'll ever really know why KUIU is so often out of stock on their popular stuff. The answer is known to them and nobody else. Always lots of speculation for sure.

I probably own more of it than I should, but it works well for me. The price point is attractive. I tend to look ahead to what I'll be needing and order it early. If a new item hits the shelves I order quickly if interested. When the Peloton series came out I was skeptical, but ordered two which came in quickly. I was so impressed with the cut and functionality of them that I ordered 2 more which were not in stock...but I have since received them.

KUIU suffers a lot of negativity for their inventory issues, but good stuff is worth waiting for. At least that's what every bowyer I ever met has told me.    ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©