3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It Begins!!! A Mule Deer Vacation 2015  (Read 3758 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: It Begins!!! A Mule Deer Vacation 2015
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
Great, good to start reading of some adventures!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »
Your route to Norwood sounds a little screwy but have fun.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »
We pretty much took our time getting here today heading west out of Bailey on 285 than over to 50.  

We took a detour at Gunnison and headed up to Crested Butte for breakfast.  

Here's a few fun photos of trip.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:00 PM »
We found this great little shop in Crested Butte!  I do believe one of our Trad Gang members own it???   :big laugh:

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
Driving through Montrose I had to stop for a couple quick pictures of their street art.  Just a beautiful small town.

[/URL[URL=http://s49.photobucket.com/user/Wyoming1/media/IMG_1725_zpsis5vzu8n.jpg.html]  

We got to the property in Norwood around 2 and ran out to hang a couple of stands.  The weather was very questionable with rumbling skies all around us.  Cathy and I managed to get one stand hung just before the rain.

[/URL[URL=http://s49.photobucket.com/user/Wyoming1/media/IMG_1048_zpsalnnrzpf.jpg.html]  

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 12:36:00 AM »
I like your style Tim, I love those cedar treestand set ups. I've got a good feeling this is the year you and Mark put your tags on a couple good bucks...   :thumbsup:    :campfire:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
Hey Jon......we will see how it plays out.  We had the farmer next door stop by yesterday.  He showed us a picture of a buck that he named "grand dad" and told us he's off limits.  I saw the deer last year and he's a solid 30" plus inches wide.  There are several nice bucks on the property so hopefully one will stroll by and provide us with an opportunity.      :thumbsup:  

As far as those junipers go........    :deadhorse:    They are one tough tree to setup in.   Not sure they should even be considered a tree!!!    :D   One day here and my hands are already cut up.  You can't get high in them but the cover is fantastic.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 07:30:00 AM »
:campfire:

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
Last night I hung a second stand and sat it the same night.  A tough proposition just because it can get pretty noisy setting a stand in a juniper, nothing you do is quiet.  

Mark and I decided to hunt a small island about 300 yards long and 75 yards wide.   It boarders a alfalfa field that the deer use on and off all day due to the security of the location.  

Once I got settled here is what I was looking at....

I had a fantastic funnel to my left and right created by some large dead falls.  Anything coming into or heading out of the field my way would give me a 20 yard shot!

About an hour into my sit I had this young buck come strolling past.  He was just out of my range but cut into the island and headed right to Mark.

Online Joe2Crow

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
Good luck Tim.  Looking forward to some hero pics.  Are you carrying the Tip?

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Sounds like a blast!  Good luck, and thanks for sharing this trip with us!
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tim:
We found this great little shop in Crested Butte!  I do believe one of our Trad Gang members own it???   :big laugh:

Hey,,, is this some kinda cop joke?   :biglaugh:

Offline akaboomer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »
Sure makes me homesick. Montrose didn't have all the street art when I lived there. I hope you have a wonderful time and have huge success.

Chris

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »
Good friends, beautiful country, and deer hunting. How could it get any better? Enjoy!!!

Bob

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Good stuff so far Tim. Good luck.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
Hey, Izzy,

Tim  got too much class for that...

But it sure sounds that way, Do-nut?    :rolleyes:    :knothead:    

Tim,

Good to see you guys taking time to enjoy the area...that wife of yours is as mischievous as you are! Good match!   :thumbsup:    :jumper:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
Izzy my friend, I turned the corner in town and there it was!  Gotta luv it.  You are the first thing that came to mind!

No cop jokes!  Be careful out there buddy and all of you other police officers that make this world a safer place!     :notworthy:    :clapper:

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
So let's get the day started. Again, last night the neighbor rancher comes over to talk with us.  The property we are primarily hunting on is NOT his, but his property adjoins it.  He tells Mark and I where the deer are located....5 to be exact 160" bucks in particular hang out in this green field 24/7.  You can walk right up on them.  That's where you need to be he says.  

He continues with "grandpa", the buck we can't shoot.  Tells us where grandpa lives and that we are wasting our time hunting that particular spot.  The same spot Mark has killed a buck the past two years and where we've seen some dandy's.  

Understand that we both have stands hung there.  BUT .... we are wasting our time hunting there.  Over and over he repeats.     :nono:  

Last night before bed Mark says he's going to pull his stand in Grandpa country.  I told him the guy is full of it and playing us!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
Sounds like the old gent wants Grandpa for his own self... He's likely seen the stands... prolly not whizzing around em if he wants to shoot ole gramps, but if he truly wants to watch him just die of old age, then he might mess with the area...

Sounds like your BS detector is working, Tim

Good luck and have fun...looks like you know how to do that!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
6:00 am this morning found me on the edge of the green field I sat last night.  "Thee place to be, per the neighbor".  Mark went back to Grandpa country to waste his time.   :roll eyes:

It was pretty quiet for the first few hours than the field "around" the green started to fill up with does.....BUT no deer went into the green field to eat.  I sat up in the tree glassing the green field.  I'm no farmer but that was not alfalfa.  For the next hour I watched as 25-30 does fed all around the 5 acre green field.

It was quite a showing of deer but most of them where a few hundred yards off with only two small bucks in the group.

Than all of a sudden my phone lit up with a text message!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©