3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bodnik Slick Stick  (Read 637 times)

Offline rscornutt

• Trad Bowhunter
Bodnik Slick Stick
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:28:00 AM »
I received it yesterday. It's 58" and 45#@28", walnut riser with bamboo limbs, and quiet as a church mouse. It's the lightest bow I have held, and I was afraid it was not going to do much. Was I wrong. The bamboo limbs are quick, arrows hit with authority.  I usually shoot three under, but this bow will not do it. After the switch to split finger, arrows hit where I look - if my form is good.

Did I mention it was quiet?  After adjusting the brace height to 7.25", I was amazed. There is no need for silencers.

I have tried to be objective and not act like a giggly school girl with her first crush, but I can't help it. I love this bow. A lot.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bodnik Slick Stick
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
Ron

That sounds about right. They are amazing bows, and there is a reason they are always backordered!!! Glad you are enjoying it
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline BelegStrongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
Color me jealous. This is a bow I reall y want to try.
RLTW
196? Colt Trail Blazer 39#@28"
Black Widow PCHX Osage 58" 52@28.

Offline Westkyhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
I picked up an older version of yours known as the little stick. It's 45# at 28" and 58" as well. It is one fun little bow just like you said! It's amazing how fast and quiet they are. Pretty much all you hear upon release is a thud from the arrow striking the target. Simply amazing!! It handles so sweet in a double bull blind too. Just had to try it in the back yard. I do shoot mine three under with no issues however. Could be a number of things that makes it a no go for you considering this type of shooting is so personal. It is so easy to shoot too. Accuracy is easily achieved for me with this bow over my others. It should be called "powerhouse" because for such a small bow it shoots very hard. I'd love to try out a 50# model. The cool thing is I shoot mine with a heavier overall arrow weight. When I can I'm gonna drop down to a lower spine and tip weight and see what it'll do!  Rscornutt what arrow setup are you shooting in yours? I've been shooting my bear Montana arrows in mine. 35/55 gt blems 29 3/4" with 200 gr points, 500 gr total.

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 01:20:00 AM »
Thank you for the feedback. It's a nice looking bow that got me tempted to pick one up. But I wish they stop using light and flimsy walnut wood for the riser.
Instinctive gapper.

Offline hunterjrg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:40:00 AM »
No pix?????

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
I have a 60" that's 45@28". They are nice little bows
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline meatCKR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »
Not a very good pic, but here is my Son's 50# @ 28 58" Slick Stick.  Nice little bow.  Shoots real nice.  For the money and the warrantee that comes with this thing, hard to go wrong.

Steve

"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been
at work on it, and man can only mar it."
- Theodore Roosevelt upon seeing the Grand Canyon.

Offline Msbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »
I've had mine for almost a year now and I fell in love with it since day one. I never even bothered putting silencers on it.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"-Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline riser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I have been intrigued with the 60" Slick Stick for over a year-considering, but no purchase as of yet.  I wish Bearpaw / Henry Bodnik would make it in a 64"  amo lenth.  They make a Super Slick Stick, with a carbon layer (called a "speed limb"), but at a price level ~$150 higher.

The Slick Stick design and warranty is a nice 1-2 punch of positive product and service. Just wish the standard model was 64".  Maybe we can convince Henry Bodnik to make some 64" models.
Behavior accepted, is behavior repeated.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©