3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: So whos goin fall turkey this year?  (Read 368 times)

Offline cory hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
So whos goin fall turkey this year?
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
got two tags just lookin at me right next my deer tag so i figure why not. i love the spring turkey more than deer season and its a shame its so damn short, so im gunna take advantage of the fall. Anyone else doin this?

Oh yeah, if anyone knows the calls turkeys make during the fall, tell me, i cuz im lost. pretty sure ill be flock bustn lol.
good luck to ya's

-cory
theres room for all of gods creatures...and thats right next to my mashed potatoes!

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: So whos goin fall turkey this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
This fatboy right here is goin!  Hard to locate them lately has we had a pretty vast acorn crop.

Locator calls, like the lost hen are probably your best bet.  When I'm sitting in my blind for deer, I keep a diaphragm handy and every now and then let loose with either a lost hen call or a feeding call.

Good luck!

Cam

Offline MrBadExample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 03:11:00 AM »
I picked up a fall turkey tag when I got my hunting license, just in case I come across them while I'm out for deer.

Unfortunately, I see more of them on the side of the road about a block from my home than I ever see in the woods.  I saw these yesterday and there was another group on the opposite side of the road also.

Now if I could only figure out how to draw my longbow in the car......  ;)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »
When the season is open I always carry a call, while I'm bowhunting. This year my daughter has expressed some interest in shooting one with a bow. I'm going to be hunting out of a blind more so we can hunt side by side.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
I killed a young hen a couple of weeks ago...you can pattern em like deer sometimes but my favorite way to hunt em is find were their roosting & wait till they fly up.Then right at dark go in & make a bunch of noise & try to bust them up.Sneak back in there the next morning & do some assembly yelps,purrs & kee kee's(on several different calls)...after spending all night alone their usaully pretty eager to get back together...hope this helps ya
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
I might give it another try this year.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Man you guys are lucky that have a fall season. Springtime only for south ga. BUT we got pigs....RC

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Heard one gobble this am after a shotgun shot... I think folk's next door released some Pheasant's, they were gunning at sunrise...fall turkey As an aside to deer but calls are with me and if there are birds around when I'm moveing.... hehehehe welll I'll try for them also, usually I get them from the tree stand.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
I am, But I havent "Scored" yet.  :scared:   Jeez!! I dont think we cooled of One Bit from August until this Week!!  :thumbsup:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©