3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ilf education  (Read 427 times)

Offline kkrider

• Trad Bowhunter
ilf education
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
I have been having fun shooting some of the wonderful wood laminated  bows made. ..but really intrigued with the ilf systems..I purchase a pse ghost  to start and that is good, little noise...recently got a deal on a Boarder riser want some good limbs but boarder limbs are out of my price range....
   Then there is the whole tuning, and just looked up the Tribe riser.
So with so much out there what have people found to be there favorite setups?
KK

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ilf education
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
I have an Hoyt Excell riser withTradtec limbs. Only downfall to this riser is it does not have limb side adjustment screws. I shoot my bow with zero tiller which is what most 3finger under guys like. I also have my bolts almost all the way down. By backing them off you can lower the draw weight a little. This can help with arrows that may be a little weak.
Check 3rivers site, they have limbs that will work with ILF as well as the DAS system.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
If you ask 20 people you'll get 20 different answers on set ups since ILF is so varied. I own three risers, a TT Titan III, Morrison wood, and Black Bear warf. I own three pairs of limbs, two Samick BF Extremes and one TT Black Max. All are used for different purposes, all good.

Limbs are available in premium, middle of the road and inexpensive and people are fans of all three.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline DiamondD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »
My favorite set up is not actually an ILF rig at all but a DAS Dalaa.  It will take any ILF limbs with a simple bushing swap.  Right now I am shooting Dryad Epic RC limbs and am waiting for a set of Dryad ACS longbow limbs for it.  3Rivers is working on a new 19" DAS Dalaa riser that I think will set the bar a whole lot higher on hunting risers.  I also have a BB Warf riser and it doesn't get much cheaper than one of those and there are great deals on ILF limbs from low end to the best out there on all the classified sites.
Dean Daniel

Snoopin' & Shootin'

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »
There are a bunch of different ILF risers & limb options out there.....

Here is something different that may appeal to you if you still want the beauty of a wood riser that has a non flex attribute with good mass weight.

The back bone and overlays of this riser is made from G-10 garolite material. This material has 40,000 PSI in tensile strength and  60,000 PSI in compression strength.....

here's a review on this set up with a set of SS/ILF limbs.

http://www.tradarcher.com/BigFootReview/bigfoot_review.html

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
I have a tt pinicale riser with tt wood glass limbs...I have an order in for kirks ss limbs and can't wait...I also see zipper has the z4 limbs in ilf...so many choices good luck!
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©