3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trailcam  (Read 331 times)

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
Trailcam
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
ok guys, how many of you used Trailcam. I realized that I need to invest in a pair of cameras. I want to be reliable and to make the photo, no modern miracle and I do not need a high resolution image. Give me some ideas for shopping.
I want to prepare for spring hunting

Thanks   :help:
PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

Offline BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trailcam
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
If your truly just "scouting" then the HD video capable models are a complete waste of money.

You can get some simple lower resolution cameras for under $50 that serve the purpose.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
You are right , just scouting
PerunH 60"

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
I bought a moultrie D500 ( i think thats the model) from wallys world for 50.  I got for the same reasons as you. Just looking for something to tell if deer are using a trail currently, and what time.  It works great for that.

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Go to dicks sporting goods website, they have a TON of options for $50 with free shipping. I bought a Wild Game Innovations with good reviews that runs on AA batteries and have absolutely loved it so far. Not sure if they could ship them to you but worth checking out!
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 02:56:00 AM »
Ok , thanks
PerunH 60"

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by shreffler:
Go to dicks sporting goods website, they have a TON of options for $50 with free shipping. I bought a Wild Game Innovations with good reviews that runs on AA batteries and have absolutely loved it so far. Not sure if they could ship them to you but worth checking out!
Haha! I bet there is no such thing as "Free Shipping" to Serbia! Good luck finding asome cameras!

Bisch

Offline Slimpikins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Ive owned a lot of different models. trailcampro.com has the browning strike force HD cameras for 129$ with free shipping and an 8 GB card. I have 4 and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bisch:

Haha! I bet there is no such thing as "Free Shipping" to Serbia! Good luck finding asome cameras!

Bisch [/b]
Of course there is no free shipping , but that is not problem . I just need rock solid camera for scouting
PerunH 60"

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »
Be ready for the loss as well. They tend to disappear.
"There's only two things an arrow wants to do, it wants to fly and it wants to hit its target. It's in its very nature. Don't over think it."

Offline bowfanatik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »
yeah , i know that . Do you have any tips , where you put your camera to be safe from people , any ideas
PerunH 60"

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
As far from regular human trails as possible. Not directly on water. Up higher n trees and brush arond them a bit. Leave them open enough to get a pic but not to be seen easy.
"There's only two things an arrow wants to do, it wants to fly and it wants to hit its target. It's in its very nature. Don't over think it."

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by bowfanatik:

Originally posted by Bisch:

Bisch [/b]
Of course there is no free shipping , but that is not problem . I just need rock solid camera for scouting [/b]
I've owned or had friends that have owned every make of trail camera that is made. One thing is for certain. There is no such thing as a "Rock Solid" camera. These things are mostly made in china. Think about it you are spending less than $300 for a camera that sits out in the elements.

If you want "rock solid" (for a few years) buy the best you can get. Reconyx cameras are top of the heap. You will pay $450 for one though and aren't without some occasional issues. All makers have some cams that will work well for some time but believe me no tailcam lasts forever. It doesn't exist.

You are correct not to worry about megapixels. Unless you are wanting high quality enlarged printed out images then a 2 mega pixel camera is all you need. The high MP is a marketing game.

http://www.trailcampro.com/reconyxhc500review.aspx
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©