3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rest In Peace Ed Scott...  (Read 1104 times)

Offline sheephunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rest In Peace Ed Scott...
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
God be with Ed and his family
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 58@28
Bob Lee 60" 3PC RC 52@28
Great Plains 64" 1PC LB 57@28
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 53@28
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" Fred Bear

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
What a shame.  He was a fine man, and great bowyer.  He will be missed.

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
I met Ed at Ontario Oregon when they used to have the traditional Archery Expo there.  I shot a juniper bow backed with sinew and raw hide he had made and to this day I've never shot a more pleasant bow. I've shot faster bows for sure, but that one he made seemed to speak to me.  He was such a cool old guy to talk to, he cover the entire process that went into that bow and I wanted it, badly.  But with 6 kids at the time I just couldn't buy it.  Not with so many other needs we had.  Then the Next year I saw him again, and as I walked by, he called me out of the crowd by name, and I sat in their and chatted with him for some time, just like he knew me for ever.  He wondered why I didn't have a booth there mainly, but I couldn't get any stock built in time for it.

I like to think of heaven as a place suited for each soul. For instance city people will have their mansion on a street of gold, country people with have theirs out of the way, etc.  I like to think that Ed's place is at the end of a gold gravel road, with a yard full of Osage, juniper, mesquite, and other trees he preferred, with just the perfect amount of knots and pins.  And shop with tools that never dull, and endless strength to make shavings.  Making a perfect bow for Michael the Archangel to use when the time comes.    
There are those that own his bows, that'll take them out hunting.  Now not only will those bows speak to them, but I believe Ed will speak to them as well.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 03:22:00 AM »
I very much enjoyed his kind and helpful advice when criticing my selfbows at Cloverdale.  Ed was such a pleasant man to be around and enjoy.  He will be missed greatly.

Offline tomwatson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Ed made the smoothest drawing self bow that I ever shot. He was a good man.

Tom
“To chase game with the ghosts of other hunters from other times-that's all he really asks." - The Restless Spirit.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©