3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do you want some Fred Bear Archery catalogs?  (Read 797 times)

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
Do you want some Fred Bear Archery catalogs?
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Hey guys I stumbled onto a GEM of a find. I found a website that sells replica Bear Archery catalogs. I have a 1959 catalog to go with my 1959 Bear Grizzly. This is a very cool companion to have with your bow and enhances your collection. I just ordered a 1957 to go along with my 1957 Kodiak Special. Way cool!

http://www.cornellpubs.com/index.htm

Hopefully this will go right to the Archery page but if not it is easy to navigate.

I am not affiliated with this in any way. I am just sharing this with the rest of the Bear fanatics... Like me... LOL

ENJOY!

Bill
Aim Small

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do you want some Fred Bear Archery catalogs?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks Billy! I have a 61 Kodiak that was my Granpaws. Now I can have the catalog.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
bILL, thats cool buddy...got get one for my 1960"s bears..
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
I thought someone would like this. I was born in 1959 so having a 59 Grizzly is kinda cool. With 1959 Kodiaks selling from $800-$1500 I doubt I will ever buy one so the Griz being a pretty bow and pretty nostalgic in it’s own right is a nice bow to have.

1957 is pretty neat because 57-59 were the Little Delta hunts. I think a 57 Kodiak was probably along on atleast the 57-58 hunts. I have had email correspondence with both Jay and Joe St Charles and Joe has said the 57 and 59 Kodiaks were pretty popular with the hunters, Fred liked the 60”. Some of the 1958’s apparently had white glass and they did not like those. I have seen what I thought were 58 Kodiaks with brown glass so they may have had those on the LD hunts but who can say for sure. I think I will ask Glen St Charles at Compton if he is there. I hope so and wish him the best of health because he is a big reason for my love of bowhunting.

When I first got my Griz I had contemplated refinishing it but I won’t. It is in good condition and the marks that are on it are little reminders that I am holding a bow that had a useful life. Other archers before me made plenty of memories with this bow. I sure wish the bow could talk so I could see what was in it’s past.

The Kodiak Special I am getting was purchased from a great TG member. It is on its way to me now. I think it is a 57 because the SN starts with an “X”. Someday I will get a 57-58 Kodiak but that one will come later. I plan on having some fun with the ones I have.

The catalogs are fun to hold and browse. When you see your bow it is very interesting. By the way, according to the 59 catalog my Griz was about $47. Those $1500 1959 Kodiaks were $57.  ;)  

Glad you like the link!
Bill
Aim Small

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Im lookin for Lefty's now....to collect 57, 58 59 60"....
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©